'05 AN650 this year. I'll wait until next year when the executives reach
the US. I'm not going to make payments on a model that's soon to
change here and end up changing windshields. I'll wait for the adjustable
and forgo to scoot fun until then.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Mike,

That was a dealer mistake. I would not count on them discontinuing the 650. Even if they do offer the 650 Executive, it will be at a higher price. Don't expect Suzuki to give you more bike for the same price all the time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mike,

Wait another year???

I bought my 650 in July. Recently my wife asked if I thought I should have waited for the 05 with the overdrive etc. My answer "NO". The months and miles of fun I have had on my 04 is far more valuable then then the upgrades. Months of smiles I would have missed waiting. Time and money well spent. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am so weak and moldable now. Good thing you guys aren't
recommending a peddle car with wings I'd get it.

Hey Johnny Death, go by CHUCK, the death part is spooky with all
the bad drivers out there.

Mike

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Mike,

That's a long time to wait hoping the grass will be greener on the other side. You will be missing a lot of life for the next 15 months or more.

Janine

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Mike said:
I am so weak and moldable now. Good thing you guys aren't
recommending a peddle car with wings I'd get it.
Mike,

Be careful what you say. One of the more enterprising forum memebers might knock one together for you to buy. :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mike said:
Hey Johnny Death, go by CHUCK, the death part is spooky with all the bad drivers out there. Mike
My nickname spooks you? You shoulda been at my wedding in Transylvania, Romania, at Castel Dracula on Halloween 2001.

But do not be afraid of the Big Burg. It will become your best friend (my wife Battina actually became jealous of the Big Lardy Arsed Scoot, 'til she hopped on the back!)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mike, if you're concerned about Suzuki bringing in a Executive model some time in the future, find yourself a second hand Burgy now and enjoy the ride until the Executive finally shows up. Also means borrowing less money now, which is a good thing.

This is what I did last Fall and I certainly have no regrets. I have been thoroughly enjoying my 650. Low mileage, well maintained Burgman 650's do pop up for sale frequently.

Just my Canadian two cents... 8)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Your idea has merit so lets extend it it a little. why get a 2006 / 650 Executive model when we all know that the 2007 may bring out a Super Executive model, which you don't want to rush into buying because the 2008 will no doubt have vast improvements and be a Double Super - and so on and so on -
I" am sure you get my point .
It's not about what year, or financing or even which model is better. It's about riding, that's it plan and simple.
If you want a scooter there are at least two fair reasons to get one this year,
1 -You don't now what Suzuki will do next year -
2 -You don't know that you will even be here next year.
You start to think like that when you reach a certain age :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point Randy, at 58 I am at that age. Should have known better.
Thanks to all for keeping eye out for us recent converts here on BUSA.
I will join the ranks of rider soon after all the safety courses.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Why finance a depreciating asset - get a preloved -after someone else has taken the depreciation hit!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mike,

When you bought your computer, I bet there was a faster one on the sheves at Best Buy within just 6 months. Technology for cars, motos, cameras, mobile phones, is rushing by and you just have to jump in.

Your life is happening now; this is not the dress rehearsal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mike,
The dealer made a mistake with my Burgman. :lol: This Suzuki dealer is the only one in Saudi Arabia and the criteria for being a dealer is that you take at least one of every type of bike, he has a 250 in the showroom, they sold a 400 and my 650 was the only one in the country,so having seen the other two he had no idea it was an Executive. When I originaly asked about the 650 he gave me a price and I asked how much an Exec would be and he didn't know what I was talking about. The paperwork does not mention Executive either and the " mechanic" who came to the wharehouse with me had no idea.
The 250 in the showroom is a 1997 model and is priced at 17,500 Saudi Riyals or £2,300.

Ian :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Mike, If you want to wait till '06 for financial reasons, pick up a good used 400 (or even a Reflex) to ride this year. You will be surprised what a peppy scoot dthe smaller ones are. Guarantee you won't regret it.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
2005 Burgman 650 changes per the Suzuki Media site
  • Center section of front cowl changed from black color to body color for improved appearance[/*:m:3bytva9v]
  • Turn signal lens changed to white color for improved appearance[/*:m:3bytva9v]
  • New transmission Over-Drive feature for better fuel economy at highway speeds[/*:m:3bytva9v]
  • Fuel consumption indicator, temperature indicator and Over-Drive indicator added to the instrument panel[/*:m:3bytva9v]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, I was going to wait on the 05's to come come out last August before I bought one as I had been reading about the diseling noise and getting a newer model but I couldn't wait and am I glad I made the purchase.... I have never had as much fun in my life :D I haven't been biking that long but when I compare the burgman to the bikes of my friends, they are awesome... You couldn't ask for more!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts