Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about the 650 Burgman all over the web I got an itch that needs scratching bad. :D I have owned several bikes in the past but have not been on any since 10 years ago. I really want to get back into it now that my daughter is grown up.

I will be visiting a local dealer tomorrow or the day after to compare the different brands as this dealer has the SW, the Yam unit and the Burgman on the showroom floor. I have already made up my mind so it would be very difficult for a salesman to make me change as a cvt is something I regard as being better than sliced bread. Got one on my ATV, my snowmobile and even my car (Murano) I called a few places last week and out of the 3 dealers, they all had 05's in stock. (definately not a problem getting on in my neck of the woods) Can any of you Canadian owners give me some insight into pricing in Canada. I was thinking $10,000 including prep, rear passenger back rest and a free first inspection. Taxes extra. Does this sound reasonable or what?

Nice site by the way. Great info and it seems like there are a lot of good people here. :wink:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome and congrads on your choice!
I bought mine end of July last year and the dealer reduced the price by $500 off of list. No backrest, or first inspection.
They didn't seem to want to move and I think I got the last one in Ottawa, or so I was told.
So, that was my pricing story. I thought about going down to Toronto (Montreal was out due to not wanting to pay the PST twice and have to try and collect it back from Quebec) and checking around but it the end I figured if I wanted to get any kind of service I should buy locally. The dealer here wasn't all that excited on moving on price or anything else. Seems that sales were great and they figured that if I didn't do it, they would move it in a week.
In any case, this was a big toy decision for me and I kind of told myself to just shutup and pay the money for once. So I did and have loved the grin on my face ever since!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. :D According to Suzuki Canada's website the 05 lists for $10,999. Has the pricing changed much over the couple of years it has been available? One of the dealers has an ad for a new 05 in our version of "car trader" and is asking $10,195 so I fiquered I should be able to do better than that. http://hebdo.net/result/detailinfo.aspx ... 545&pgno=1

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
snowride, that's how I got hooked too.
We shouldn't read these things. :wink:

My local Burlington Ontario dealer was selling 2004s for $1000 below list ($9999.00), gradually lowered it to 9700.00, when I made my intial deal this winter.
That's a good deal, around here anyway!

The only pot sweetener offered was a 15% discount up to and 30 days after, delivery on any accessories or clothing.
Backrest would have been $150.00 extra minus 15%

Now I'm up for a 2005 Executive model which is going to be a lot extra. :cry:
Course, the backrest is included with the Exec along with a bunch of other neat stuff. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome and congratulation on your choice of a Burgman 650. The 650 is $10,995.00 here in Nanaimo and I don’t think that you would get much of a discount on a 650 as they sell better then the 400. You might want to investigate purchasing the 650 Executive, as I am sure that there will be some made available in Quebec. The Executive is a good buy for the additional $980.00.

God luck and have fun on your 650.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The cheapest price I've got is from a Suzuki dealer near Toronto. His price is $9999.00 for a new '05. You could probably get the backrest installed for cost with the labour thrown in. The first 1000km check was only $180.

I paid $10,300 last year for my '04. The dealer installed the taller windshield and backrest for cost (fee installation). So I paid another $300 on top of the $10,300. He threw in a $200 helmet and 15% discount on all accessories and clothing for 3 months.

I had to wait 2 weeks for the bike to arrive and be assembled. I bought it site unseen and never having ridden one. Pretty much bought it on the advice of everyone on this web site and had not regretted it one bit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Done deal. :D Bought a Burger 650, 05, silver with cover and backrest and will be going to pick it up on Friday. :wav: I did find out about the Executive model in Canada and there is no adjustable windscreen. :cry: Dealer sounded very confident that the Executive model would be sold as a deluxe edition of the Burger in 06 and available in larger numbers.

One question though. You guys mention a magnetic key lock for the ignition? Not on the 05 I'm getting. The head portion of the key has a built in socket which is similar to a wheel lug lock. You turn this and steel protection plate slides over the ignition hole. Maybe all the 05's have this changed??

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Snowride wrote

One question though. You guys mention a magnetic key lock for the ignition? Not on the 05 I'm getting. The head portion of the key has a built in socket which is similar to a wheel lug lock.
The sutter that slids over has the magnet built in, it matches your key,
so that just any "lug wrench" would not work. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the clarification. :wink:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the insurance rates on this thing surprised the heck out of me. $260/year full coverage (collision, fire, theft, liability blah, blah, blah) with 250 deductable. sounds real cheap if you ask me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Q

Snowride said:
Thanks for the clarification. :wink:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the insurance rates on this thing surprised the heck out of me. $260/year full coverage (collision, fire, theft, liability blah, blah, blah) with 250 deductable. sounds real cheap if you ask me.
You get 'cheap'er insurance in Quebec. It has to do with the Regie covering bodily harm so there are no big settlements like in other parts of Canada. You pay for the rest in your higher plate and drivers license, I think that there are a couple of other provinces that are similar, unfortunately Ontario isn't one of them.
I would check and see if your insurance covers potholes!! :wink:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I still don't think anyone has come close to my $75/year full coverage. I'm having a hard time believing it (but I'm not complaining).

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts