Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
You know, I've been reading some of the forum. My 2011 Burgman 650 Executive sat for some time. It has only 4200 miles.Bought it a week ago. A 76 year old guy had had it. No real record of service history, but the dealer thought he had taken care of it. It is in excellent condition, from what we could tell.. Runs like a charm.

We changed the battery, spark plugs, oil filter and oil, with new air filter ordered. But after reading, I'm beginning to think I should change tires, trans oil, final oil, anti-freeze, the cvt belt, brake fluid, etc. Would hate to get stranded.

Any thoughts????

Suggestions? Suggest tires? Other?

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
Everything you listed are serviceable except the BELT.

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
NO ON THE BELT, that's something you don't touch unless it breaks, then you will need the tools AND THIS FORUM to fix it, some people turn their bike into a lawn ornament instead of trying to fix it.

Def get a service manual and reference LeDudes videos on tupperware removal and stuff, you will be glad you did , and have confidence it was actually done, and done right, with a dealer, there's always a doubt, did he really do it, ir just charge me for it, start easy, do the seat release mod and check your stopper bolt. Both at the same tome won't take half an hour (except for the getting back up off the floor part).

Some of that stuff should be okay for another few thousand miles depending on how it was stored, like brake fluid and coolant.

Keep in mind DaveJ 's hint, never remove the drain plugs before you remove the fill plugs.

My helpful hint would be buy the wifey a new set of monogrammed shiney tools and "let her experience the thrill of wrenching" while you supervise , manual in hand (refreshing beverage in other hand)

Reactions: pauldonihue

· Registered
326 Posts
You know, I've been reading some of the forum. My 2011 Burgman 650 Executive sat for some time. It has only 4200 miles.Bought it a week ago. A 76 year old guy had had it. No real record of service history, but the dealer thought he had taken care of it. It is in excellent condition, from what we could tell.. Runs like a charm. We changed the battery, spark plug, oil filter and oil, with new air filter ordered. But after reading, I'm beginning to think I should change tires, trans oil, final oil, anti-freeze, the cvt belt, brake fluid, etc. Would hate to get stranded.

Any thoughts????

Suggestions? Suggest tires? Other?
You have an 11 year old bike w/ no known history. You should absolutely do a full service on it, unless there is some chance you're unloading it in the spring. For myself, if the tires hold air, and are not showing cracks, I run them until bald. Brake fluid, CVT oil, Gear oil, Engine oil and coolant should all be changed. Air filter, and cvt filter should be cleaned. I'd probably change the plugs out for iridium. Not much else to worry about at 4,200 miles. Now get out there and ride that thing! Watch the Dude's videos. It is a very smart scooter, easy to work on.

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
I don't mean to be rude but some people just don't read the full posts. I said the spark plug was changed. Engine oil was changed. Battery changed. Air filter on way. I'm changing the coolant, the transmission oil, etc...

I really appreciate helpful comments, but it would be nice if people read and understood what had been said before they respond. Sheesh!!!!
welp I read it and again I read it and again you said spark plug singular, and again I remind you the 650 has 2 also if you read carefully the cvt filter was mentioned and you did not say anything about that so maybe we all need to be a bit more careful

· Premium Member
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welp I read it and again I read it and again you said spark plug singular, and again I remind you the 650 has 2 also if you read carefully the cvt filter was mentioned and you did not say anything about that so maybe we all need to be a bit more careful
My "read" comment was not meant for you, MikeyMarine. I appreciated most all of the comments. All, except one, was very helpful and insightful. But, ... come on guys, let's move on. Sorry I said anything.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 9 of 9 Posts