Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sold our last BMW bike five summers ago. But Saturday, Deb and I bought our third Burgman 650 since we have missed our little scoots around town and elsewhere. I was able to find a 2012 gray 650 about 70 miles away. I am sharing three pictures from Sunday's first wash day! We are looking forward to our trips and want everybody else to be safe and have as much fun as we will.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Welcome back! keep in mind some burgmans do NOT like soapy water and will complain after a bath, usually a good ride in the rain is sufficient even though she may appear muddier and dirtier than before her "bath"

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welcome! Happy riding! I just learned yesterday that BMW means Bring More Wallet :unsure: I have a 2007 Sportster, am told that HD means Hundred Dollars.....

·
Super Moderator
918 Posts
@jrum52
A well seasoned Burgman rider, welcome sir. Yes indeed they are great bikes. What mikeyMarine said is true. One of the beauty's of the Burgman is the ability to be ridden without a lot of polishing unlike some of the megadisplacement V-Twin monsters out there. Ride safely and enjoy the new to you scoot.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What's this "washing" or "polishing" y'all are talking about?!? I do understand riding in the rain. BTDT many times. Paced a tornado once even, but that was on my CTX1300. That bike could handle wind like no other I've known.

Oh, and welcome back to the forum @jrum52

·
Super Moderator
918 Posts
What's this "washing" or "polishing" y'all are talking about?!?
It's a phenomena widely ignored/unknown to most of us true Burgman riders :D
The beauty of simplicity, gas it and go. No need to worry about cleaning it up to be a chick magnet. 🛵

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Burgman is a chick magnet clean or dirty. Just attracts cuter chicks without skull tattoos when it's clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts