Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously I had two Burgman 650's. An 06 and an 08 as I remember. Sold the BMW C650GT the other day :)p) and picked up a 15 Burgman 650.

The updated bike really improves upon the solid platform of the Burgman. Quite impressed with the changes to the transmission / clutches.

Now for a new windshield and some wheel stripes to brighten it up...

Marty in Kerrville

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Welcome back!
Though don't think it's a big surprise ;)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome back! Good to have you.

So, I'll ask this on behalf of everyone who has a bmw riding friend, why the sale of the GT?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back! Good to have you.

So, I'll ask this on behalf of everyone who has a bmw riding friend, why the sale of the GT?
As to the Beemer:

First off, this Burgman 650 is bike #48 in my life. I love riding and trading. An expensive hobby or addiction as my wife calls it!

The C650GT was certainly the scooter with all the goodies. Heated grips, heated seat, TPMS, electric windshield, ABS, and the best instrumentation package of any bike I've owned. It was very sporty in both performance and styling. Very quick. BMW claims 109mph, and it will run 109mph on the GPS.

The negatives were a noisy engine and quite tall for a scooter. I think the later is what made the bike a hard sell. It had its share of issues. Fuel gauge problems that everyone seem to have, but BMW denied the issue. In the nearly 2 years of ownership, it had 4 separate recalls.
Also, somewhat on the negative side was a crappy dealer. Attitude is everything to me and theirs wasn't good. Not the bikes fault, but an underlying issue none the same.

What brought me to the BMW was value. I was going to buy a 13 Burgman 650 when it came out, but the BMW had more features for less $$$. It also had a 3/36 warranty with roadside / trip assistance. A nice perk. With the scooter market as soft as it is, I was able to get the 15 Burgman at a more acceptable price than 2 years ago, despite the insane MSRP. The market simply will not support pricing like that for a scooter. Suzuki needs a reality check.

Glad to back!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome back :hello2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts