Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was last cruising the site on March 1st, when it just went away. Look ma. No 'net. Several calls to my provider went unanswered. I received a letter on the 3d, which stated that he was discontinuing service to my area on or about the middle of the month. (Hmmmm.) Calls to Verizon were not helpful, as my line, though disconnected, was still under his domain. He finally rang me up around the 8th or 9th. Seems that when he told Verizon (he was wholesaling the lines) that he wanted to disconnect at the end of his contract, the 19th, they just shut everybody down immediately. To top it off, they didn't release the lines, even to themselves. Several calls later (to Verizon) and I finally have a new package. I'd like to have gone with a different company after this mess, but Verizon is the only DSL provider in town.

Two good things: Verizon seems to have very good support techs, and I'll be saving around $50/month.

It's good to be back.

Steve

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome back!

Welcome Back! I was wondering where you went...Good to see old Alberts face back in the thick of things.

Glad you are saving the $50 a month. Hmmm, let's see that equates to several new toys for the Burger this year! :D

·
Registered
925 Posts
Glad to have you back Steve. I bet it's been rough... no Burgman USA. I would lose my mind. And on top of that, having to deal with the crazy weather we've been getting lately, 60 one day, 25 and snowing the next. Don't ya just love the midwest??? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
20,092 Posts
Welcome back,

Hmm, 2 weeks of posts to read. Your going to be busy for a while.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Yea, thought something was missing -hard to forget old " E=mc" Ect.Ect.Ect.
Wish I could get DSL were I am, but we still get mail by Pony Express :(
And I would have to go back to work to afford satellite :shock:

ScubaGirl-Like your new look ! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts