Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: well some theving little sh*t wwanted my burgman so the other nite he stole it and tryed to start it but smashing the ignition lock off,,,,
well it would of gone at that point but he didnt put the stand up .....
then he desided to hot wire it buy pulling all the wireing out of the back of the ignition wot a plum( all the while on c.c.t.v)
well i still have it and he got away when the local police showed up he ran a way ......
so hear is where i need the help ov one of you guy or girls ,,
do you know what order the wire's go into the six pin plug on the back of the ignition ???

a pic would be good or just the order anything
hope ya can :idea:

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
pgb2372,
sorry to hear about your incident, that sucks.
If it's insurable, maybe a good shop could do it.

Do you have a manual ?
If not, its nice to have.
They do have a fairly decent wiring diagram that should help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes your write it sucks,.i dont realy want to go throu all the greef of geting the clame forms and such like just for the sake of a few bits of wire and a new ignition
some times its just not worth the messing about

iv got a manuel but its not all that good on the wiring section :cry:

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
When you get the new ignition, there may be wires to the plug you could use as a reference.
If you go to a dealer to get the ignition, they may let you take a look at another Burgman for an idea.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The shop manual has complete wiring schematics. The owner's manual does not. My problem is that I am fairly inept at reading a wiring diagram.

It would also help to know which Burgman model you have. Ignition wiring may be somewhat different between models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the dealers over hear arnt that helpfull
for the sake of undoing a few screws you would think that thay would be happy to help just so you could get a peek at the bak of the switch BUT OOOOHHH NO not over hear thay just want you to buy somthing from them and i dont want to pay for three an a half hours work time for them to do it .
its a five min job to push 6 wires into a plug :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bike is a 2000 burgman 400 Y with a 15f engine code
the wires are
solid red
solid brown
black white tracer
solid orange
orange yellow tracer
2 thin gray

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pgb2372 said:
the bike is a 2000 burgman 400 Y with a 15f engine code
the wires are
solid red
solid brown
black white tracer
solid orange
orange yellow tracer
2 thin gray
Hi pgb

Sorry to hear of your misfortune - I hope one day you come face to face with the cowardly runt and are able to rearrange his features! :twisted:

I have a service manual, and it is relatively easy for me to get access to the Burger to give you a laymans guide (as opposed to electrickery speak) - problem is I have not got time this evening as I am just off to a meeting.

If the information from the service manual alone will suffice - say so here - and I will attend when I get back home, otherwise it is a Saturday morning job I am afraid.

Do you still have the shutter mechanism?

The ignition switch/column thingamig often crops up on ebay for 30 notes or so. I also noted in auto trader that some guy was trying to sell a Burger for parts - that may be worth a punt as a project if you could get the whole bike for say 600, you could sell the engine on for 400!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for that mate
i have got a new ignition with all the bits,,where the **** has broken the base of my ignition where it go's into the switch the plug has been striped off the loom all the spade conectors are just hanging ther
i just need to know wot order that thay go in in the six slot plug
i cant just hotwire it due to the 100 ohm resistor in the base of the ignition

if you can help thanks i will owe you a beer :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
The diagram in the manual is of no f'n use.
I will scan and send tomorrow (pm me your email address).
If I get time I will rip the front off and eyeball my switch and identify what I can.
Then you owe me 2 beers!! :lol: :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bill - we should move this to 400! :)

·
Registered
30,278 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it possible to get the image as well. I had the exact same thing happened to me. Buggers took my ignition wires apart ? I would owe you 3 pints in Liverpool ??

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Is it possible to get the image as well. I had the exact same thing happened to me. Buggers took my ignition wires apart ? I would owe you 3 pints in Liverpool ??
Suzuki Burgman AN250
Ijparry, Welcome to the forums.

There are a few things wrong here.

1. You found a 14 year old post about a Burgman 400Y that is not a bike most of the members know much about. About 90% of members are from USA and we dd not get that years Burgmans here. I do not think Canada got them ether.

2. Again most members on here did not get a AN250, that model did not make it to USA, not sure if Canada got them but I have not seen any.

3. Being 14 years old post, about the only member that posted on this is NormanB as he is in UK and comes on here every once in a while.

Putting all the wires back together is not real hard to do as they are all color coded and there are only like 6 wires in all to the ignition switch. If that switch is the same as a AN400Y then it should be easy but some models got the "IMMOBLIZER" system and again USA never got that system.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts