Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently started having an intermittent problem with the scooter. When I turn the ignition switch on sometimes the dash lights come on sometimes they do not. If I drop it off the center stand sometimes the lights come on and I can start it sometimes lights come on and I hit the starter and everything goes black and it is dead. Have noticed the high-beams going on and off while riding at night as well.

Battery was recently replaced so I am fairly sure that is good.

My first thought was it was the safety switch on the side-stand.

After a little research it seems that it maybe the starter switch. Would that keep the dash-lights from coming on when the ignition switch is turned on?

Any ideas? Just a short in the wiring somewhere?

Suzuki Burgman 400 2006 7400 miles

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It could be a switch but it sounds more like a loose connector or a busted wire. The first thing would be check all the connectors, that they are tight and clean{dirt in there could also cause these kind of problems}. If they are good then it will require doing some checking of the wires with an ohm meter. If you have the service manual it should have a wire diagram and some diagnostic procedures.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Could be the switch, a short or a loose wire. You said the battery was recently replaced, have you checked to see that the battery connections are tight?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts