Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2009 Suzuki 650 Executive Trike and love it. Chain drive the bike is in great shape but have one issue back trike fenders are steel. With road vibration on long rides in the summer they tend to crack where the bolts hold the fenders in place. Had them crack two years ago and then had ten repainted to only crack again last weekend.

Then I talked to a trike guy who said buy fiberglass fenders get them custom made to fit your bike there's a place in Iowa that has called oldys custom composites. They can fit any trike. Fiberglass more durable will not crack cuz that is what it is on most if not all try sets from Hannekan Roadmaster in alike. So they have been ordered and yes they will need to be painted but the price is far better than getting them repaired and painted again. So I will advise everyone when I get them. Have a big ride in the last put of July going to Lima Ohio from Cincinnati to a flat track race.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Can you mount the fenders with rubber bushings and or rubber washers ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never tried that might work but the forces of rough roads for a long. Of time from vibration tends to deteriorate the metal of metal fatigue. The guy I know who has steel fenders on his bike said no more for me and now he has fiberglass. So I will dry it and maybe use rubber bushing and washers a good idea. Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Helping a fellow Buckeye out always makes me feel less homesick.

Have a great time and take a couple extra masks....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts