Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our new 2012 Burgman 400 ABS on Friday November, 30th. Now I read that Suzuki is offering zero percent financing for 60 months on the Burgman plus $200 Christmas cash. If we has waited and picked it up one day later, we would have received zero percent financing and that would have saved us $1400 in interest. I assume, but I may be wrong, that a credit score of 715 would have put us in the credit tier for the zero percent financing. If not, I guess that I should shut the hell up about this subject.

I consider myself a very educated shopper and researched the purchase thoroughly. Well as they say, "buyer beware".

I wish that the dealer would have said when my wife and I asked him about any sales that were in effect at the moment or promotions on the horizon, "Oh by the way, if you buy it tomorrow instead of today I can get you zero percent financing for 60 months". OTOH, we have no problem with the trade in amount they gave us on our 2009 Yamaha Tmax. They gave us a lot more for it than the Suzuki dealer in Franklin Tennessee offered us ($1000 more in-fact).

I'm really pleased with the new Burgman and the dealership staff are super nice, but when I went to Suzuki's website I was like ****!!!!!!!!!

Live and learn, baby!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Frankly I would take it back to the dealer and demand the new pricing. Now you may not get the 0% (based on credit) but in today's age of the internet, where there are various forums like this and consumer websites...you just may get the better deal. I would call Suzuki on it as well.

Years ago I was double charged by a Chinese restaurant and ended up having over a $100 bill. They refused to refund me - my wife at the time, and my mother, tried something off of my plate (they did not order the buffet) so they charged us 3 buffet's in addition to the dinners the ladies ordered. I kept on them for months, even calling the local news station. I got my money back. It was the principle of the thing.

This was at the beginning of the internet and I trashed the place online as well.

Never underestimate the power of the consumer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish that the dealer would have said when my wife and I asked him about any sales that were in effect at the moment or promotions on the horizon, "Oh by the way, if you buy it tomorrow instead of today I can get you zero percent financing for 60 months".

I'm gonna cut them a lot of slack because there is a good chance they had no idea about the upcoming sale. I just can't believe that they would not have mentioned it to us if they knew about it. They have NEVER been anything but "straight-up" with us in our past business dealings. I guess that I'm naive, but that's how I really feel.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well as long as you fully realise that you need to take firm and immediate action directly with your dealer.

Suzuki do not read or act on anything written here, nor will they interfere with a commercial transaction between the dealer and you.

Suggest you arrange a private meeting with the Dealer Principal, negotiations are so much easier if you are with a decision maker especially when you can see the whites of his eyes. :wink:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
can you share the link that states they will offer 0% on 400 - most of my local stores sites dont have any updates on that offer so would love to ask about it - Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20L ... N400A.aspx

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20L ... sc_lang=en

http://www.aikenmotorcycle.net/

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcd/3447828246.html

Suzuki informed us that, "Absolutely NO Suzuki Motorcycle dealer knew about the "Christmas Countdown Sales Event" until they logged onto their computers when they opened their doors for business on Saturday morning December 1, 2012. Suzuki NEVER informs their dealers of any promotion until the day that promotion goes into effect." Those were the exact words told to my wife by the Suzuki rep on the phone.

5.9 percent APR is not a bad rate nowadays on a motorcycle/scooter....so what the hell. However, we would have qualified for the Zero percent APR loan with our current credit score. We're going to ride and love our new 2012 Burgman and not look back. We rode it this afternoon and had a blast!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts