Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had one complaint about my Burgie it would have to be where the sight gauge to check the oil is located. I'm 73 and it's getting harder to stand on my head.:devil
Otherwise I'm a happy biker with my 650.:smile

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm a young 69 and have a 2017 650. After each ride I use a vanity mirror with a handle and a bright led flashlight. Shine the mirror with the light in front of the access hole and bend over slightly to view the window.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm a young 69 and have a 2017 650. After each ride I use a vanity mirror with a handle and a bright led flashlight. Shine the mirror with the light in front of the access hole and bend over slightly to view the window.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your lighted mirror idea seemed good until I read this review at HD. It doe require a 90 degree or around the corner placement to see that sight gauge.

"The light can not be used to see around corners because it shines in the user's eyes and blinds the user. I would return it if i had saved the packaging."

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one of these left over from my days as a welding inspector for a major power company I still find it hard to read the gauge.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah, I could see where the lights would shine back up in your face if they weren't well-focused. I've used the mirror trick before, but outside during the day I've never used or needed extra light to see the window. Most times I just kneel beside the bike and gently move it to vertical with one hand on the grip and one on the grab bar - all Suzukis I've owned use the same method.

I actually just went out and checked and the level was easy to see in the mirror with no additional light, even though it's dusk and raining. So forget the mirrors with lights and just get one that's a decent size...those tiny little dental mirrors won't cut it. (And thanks to this thread I discovered I need to add a little oil.)

Reactions: ducati14
1 - 7 of 7 Posts