Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's been idleing fine up untill a few weeks ago. Drops down to 1200 and then stalls. I went on a good highway run to get it nice and hot and pulled into the gas station. Got gas, checked the oil, and went to adjust the idle speed. I adjusted it to right at 1500 and rode away. When I can to a stop, idle was at 2200+! I don't know what is causing this or what to do. I went and adjusted it at my next stop and haven't started it again yet. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
+1 That is my first thought too. Excellent thread!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I keep this in mind if my 2006 starts having this problem. The idle speed was too low when I got mine but once I adjusted it I have not had any problems.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Just cleaned all that out the best I could. Can't see too much down that little hole so not sure what all got cleaned. I had done this in like January and am surprised that it has to be done so often. Maybe because it's ridden all day every day. But, it still wants to go down to the 1200 range and wobble up and down a hundred or two. It never used to do that. And, I tried to deglaze the clutch while I was at it with holding the back brake and hitting like 5000 rpm and seeing what that does. It seems to help a little bit every time I do it. Maybe I'm not doing it long enough each time?

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I clean the Idle adjust screw at every oil change.
You might want to check your spark plug as well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spark plug is always a pain to get to, so when I have everything off to do my big overhaul on it, I'll check it. But, cleaning the screw worked perfectly. Had some black almost like burnt mettle on the bottom of it. Cleaned that off with throttle body cleaner, sprayed inside the hole. Never am sure how much to spray in there. But, it's idleing perfectly now. Thanks for the simple fix. I'll make sure to do that more often now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts