Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i started my burgy and the idle as usual was around 2000rpm. This is normal until the
bike warms up. Then the idle usually settles at 1200. It was then i noticed it would drop to about 1000
then pop back up to 1200. I took it off the stand and started to go. As i turned the throttle the bike seemed
to ride a little rough. At the next stop the idle did the dipping thing again. For the rest of the ride home the idle was fine.
But, starting off seemed to be a little rough..hard to explain but felt like more vibration than usual.
My spark plugs are original. I just turned 12,000 miles. My mechanic told me he would change out the plugs when he
checked the valves at 15,000 miles. I have 2 new plugs sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. I have read the plug install is a biotch. :lol:
I had a similar issue with my AN400, but it was actually stalling at stop signs. Do you all think i am on the right
track with the spark plugs??? Or am i looking at a different issue?? Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I changed the plugs on mine when it had about 5500 miles. They were pitted and worn, but what surprised me was that that the OE plugs were the regular resistor type. :shock: I installed NGK Iridium plugs to prolong the service interval between changes. :thumbup:

You're right about the procedure of changing them. BTW: if you haven't changed the coolant, it would be a good thing to do both at the same time. Heck, even change the oil too. Don't forget to change the CVT stopper bolt if you haven't done so.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PRico02 said:
I changed the plugs on mine when it had about 5500 miles. They were pitted and worn, but what surprised me was that that the OE plugs were the regular resistor type. :shock: I installed NGK Iridium plugs to prolong the service interval between changes. :thumbup:

You're right about the procedure of changing them. BTW: if you haven't changed the coolant, it would be a good thing to do both at the same time. Heck, even change the oil too. Don't forget to change the CVT stopper bolt if you haven't done so.
That is part of my dilema..Coolant also not due until 15,000 miles. I have iridiums in the box ready to go. Oil change also not due yet.
Just wondering if the plugs are really my issue. I have read so much lately about the "09" rectifier failures, it just doesn't seem like a rectifier issue.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Maybe I was lucky but changing the plugs on my 2011 wasn't that hard, fiddle maybe but not hard

Also with a bad idle have you considered a hero throttle body sync? I'm no expert bu everything I have read says thie symptoms are similar

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
In '07 they added a Idle Speed Control valve and if it's anything like the Auto Idle Speed (called other things also) motors on cars they can get gummed up with carbon over time and need to be cleaned along with decarbonization of the valves/combustion chambers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts