Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone compiled a list for the ideal took kit for the 650? The stock tool kit is very limited and I want to take tools to do anything I can without calling for recovery. Don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has already done the work. I searched tool kit but couldn't see anything.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
A decent tire plug kit and small air compressor is something I believe in. Others might say a cell phone and Roadside Assistance membership.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
as @wetnash says some will say just a cellphone.. but others will do different:

I will be riding about 600miles this weekend and off the top of my head what I carry is:

Tools:
--------------------
-Tire plug kit
-Slime spray fix and inflate can
-Slime Air compressor

-10 Zip ties different sizes
-10 fuses different amps
-Ratchet and 8,10 and 12mm sockets.
-Wrench
-Powergen 500mAh battery charger for accesories (cell, camera, etc)

First Aid / Misc:
--------------------
-Survival kit 102 or so pieces
-1 Quickclot
-1 Sam Splint medium

-Sun blocker
-Pain killers
-Ibuprofen
-Bandits

Gear:
--------------------
-Gerbing jacket and gloves
-Icon justice summer gloves
-Gaerne Altus waterproof boots
-Spidi rain flux, rain suit
-2 tshirts, sandals

all that, fit in the trunk of the 400 and glove box, not even using the sidecases ;).

I hope this helps you to have an idea of what to carry, I use pretty much the same gear when I did my 1,600 miles trip to Argentina few months ago.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
All I carry is a tire plugging kit and a compressor along with the supplied tool kit and the switch to put the ECM in dealer mode to read error codes. The way these bikes are built there really isn't much you could do on the side of the road that you could not do with the supplied tool kit limited and flimsy as it is.

If I were to carry anything else it would be a breaker bar and sockets large enough to remove the wheels. That would allow me to pull a wheel and take just it into town to get a new tire mounted. I put an if on that because at least here in the USA the size tires that fit these bikes are so rare that you would be lucky to find even a Suzuki dealer that has them in stock on their shelf. Your probably looking at them having to order with at least a day's wait.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My ideal tool kit is my shop with it's roll around tool boxes full of tools, my 30 gallon compressor and my motorcycle lift. Allowing that I can't take all of that with me while riding, I use my AMA Motow, my cell phone, and my Credit Card to get things done on the road if I break down.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts