Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

IC KEY FOR NEW BURGMAN/SKYWAVE 2005 MODEL!!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  pauljo 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
The Suzuki Japan site lists the 2005 Skywave 400/250 as having the IC security key. Here's a pic of the new key:

#5 ·
It sure does! Didn't even notice that. :lol:

#6 ·
better watch out they look like the airports will take them away from you if you keep it on your keychain. my 03 burgy key was so long i went to the local lock smith and had anew key made and cut it down to a more safe size. six inches is a bit much what a weapon. i suppose if you found yourself in a bad spot you could palm it and defend yourself.

#7 ·
Randy,

Sadly, unlike the twin cylinder 500cc plus touring scooter class, Suzuki is not leading the pack in the single cylinder big-scooter class - in fact, it is somewhat behind. :(

Honda were the first to introduce the "intelligent key" to the marketplace with their all-new 2004 Forza. The all-new Forza is smaller than the current Reflex as it is now "Japanese sized" and features a built in motrion sensitive speaker and and amplifier system, a tiptironic six speed gearbox similar but slicker than the AN650s, and 63litres of liuggage space. It has raised the game, and only the all-new 2004 Majesty gets close whilst looking some down on build quiality, and minus the semi-atomatic gearbox.

This model is also known as the Reflex in the US (you currenctly can buy what is essentially a 2000 model with a 2002 interior space facelift and updated colouring of the speedo and tacho faces), but they have decided not to release the all-new model outside of Japan until next year at the earliest, and due to the fact that they have reduced the legroom over the putgoing model I am not certain that it will be released in the US at all.

The AN250/400 and Kawasaki Epsilon 250/400 are the "poor men" of the big-scooter world at the moment as the AN250/400 is essentially a 2002 model machine, whereas the Forza (Relfex) and Majesty are both all-new 2004 models with 55/60W headlights, funky gearboxes (Honda) and aluminiun frames/150 section 14 inch rear tyres (Yamaha) and carry space that has greater volume and is shaped to allow transport of golf cubs and tennis rackets etc - all things that the 35/55W headlit AN250/400 cannot do.

Expect fireworks from Suzuki in 2006 with the all new AN250/400 and possibly in 2007 with an all-new AN650.

Lycheed

#8 ·
I probably am saying something you all already knew, but isn't that Kawi model really a burgman?

#10 ·
Looks a lot like a Burgman 400!

That Kawasaki Epsilon 250 looks a whole lot like a Burgman 400. Even the accessories page, which shows the dash in more detail, reveals the same 3 compartments and ignition key area. What's going on; did Suzuki sell the design to Kawasaki for use in Japan on a lesser powered scooter? :?

#11 ·
Re: Looks a lot like a Burgman 400!

NYBubba said:
That Kawasaki Epsilon 250 looks a whole lot like a Burgman 400. Even the accessories page, which shows the dash in more detail, reveals the same 3 compartments and ignition key area. What's going on; did Suzuki sell the design to Kawasaki for use in Japan on a lesser powered scooter? :?
Suzuki and Kawasaki have a formal agreement to share technology and products. There are several motorcycle models that are currently badged under both brands. The newest is the V-Strom, which is being sold by Kawasaki starting in 2005. Only difference is model name and colors. So I am not at all surprised to see Burgman clones under the Kawasaki brand.

This agreement is several years old. So far, it appears to me that Kawasaki has benefited more than Suzuki in new models - but we don't know everything that goes on behind the scene.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.