Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you all may not have noticed, Chris has decided to take a vacation from us all. He is still a Mod "But the joy is gone", His words to me. The endless dealing with spats between members over nothing was too much it seems. I too have been sitting on the fence. With no input from the (not so new) new owners, a lot of the Mods and Admin support people are kind of hung out to dry.

My interests are moving toward Reverse Trikes and I post over on one of the boards at times. I plan to use Burgman power for the trikes I make so I will not be gone 100%. Plans are to build Multi purpose Off road and assisted riding trikes for handycapped people that would love to ride. Burgman's being all hand controls are one of the first choices.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I thot most of the blasting was gone since Rustynail was gone. I just mentioned to my wife a couple nites ago that I should send him a thank you for his work. All the problems must now be on threads I don't read, (only read three) or he had them removed before I got there.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Daboo mush have done a heck of a lot of work behind the scene,
as it has been a long time since I have noticed any 'flaming' on the
threads...& I read most all of them...even the 650 stuff, even though I
I ride a 400. Thanks go to him, & all the Mods for their 'background' work.

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked, last time Chris was on was Feb 14th. I have a PM to him that has not been delivered from back then.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
So where's Dab? I just thought maybe I should get the 400, and the main supporter is now gone :(

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris still has a Burgman 400, that I know.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I do know where he has gone & still giving info on Burgmans. If interested send me a PM.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Dave_J said:
If you all may not have noticed, Chris has decided to take a vacation from us all. He is still a Mod "But the joy is gone", His words to me. The endless dealing with spats between members over nothing was too much it seems. I too have been sitting on the fence. With no input from the (not so new) new owners, a lot of the Mods and Admin support people are kind of hung out to dry.

My interests are moving toward Reverse Trikes and I post over on one of the boards at times. I plan to use Burgman power for the trikes I make so I will not be gone 100%. Plans are to build Multi purpose Off road and assisted riding trikes for handycapped people that would love to ride. Burgman's being all hand controls are one of the first choices.
Too bad about Chris.........BUT then again - we can all suffer from "burnout"...... Wish you the best, Chris

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I see his postings on BurgmanRiders. I guess it goes to bring up the nasty words I brought up before....

What if we started a new site.... As a few members mentioned before, we were not even asked about purchasing the site.... Just sold. It was his right and i respect that, but this is obsurd. Even Norm is slowly backing away. Maybe we should make that its own thread and see the response.....

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
I just saw this post last night and was really sad to see it.

I hope Chris / Daboo is just taking a well deserved short term leave to recharge his batteries and reset his compass and come back to use in a not too distant future.

Chris is an integral part of our virtual family / community here and it just won't be the same without him.

I can certainly understand and try to imagine how the change in ownership has affected our dedicated admins and moderators.

I have only been back for a few days myself and already miss him.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Chris is Awesome! Both on and off the forum! I do consider him a good friend.
He has always been there when needed and had good words of advise to give.
As happens with forums happens with life. Things change and interests shift.
But through it all I have met some great friends here for sure.
Greengoose, BillMeeks, Daboo, Buffalo, DaveJ, Micbergsma, LoJo, SyrmnaCowboy, Fuzzyquilter, DesertRat, CoffeeCup, BikeisBack, Duster, and many other great people. Whether it has been in person or virtual I cherish our friendships. Just saw CoffeeCup's Burgman on Craigslist so I guess that explains his absence too.
I have actually created a bucket list of riders I would like to meet and ride with and hope to check a few more off my list this year.
I must admit to have been Lurking on several other scooter related forums lately myself. 8)
Maggie might be getting an email soon..... :wink:

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can tell ya for a fact that Chris in person is as nice of a guy as on the forums. That is, if your not the bad guy and he has to deal with you. Even then he deals with you fairly unless you really cross the boundary line BIG time. I have been on rides with him and even Breakfast with him and Gordon "Old and Slow".

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bakeisback said:
I see his postings on BurgmanRiders. I guess it goes to bring up the nasty words I brought up before....

What if we started a new site.... As a few members mentioned before, we were not even asked about purchasing the site.... Just sold. It was his right and i respect that, but this is obsurd. Even Norm is slowly backing away. Maybe we should make that its own thread and see the response.....

Listen Guy's - I was unhappy with the way the forum was sold out from under our feet.
The fact the owners and the owner's rep (admin - Dwayne) are to be honest uncommunicative -is still a concern.

However, what is of more concern to me with this thread right now, is that anyone has garnered an impression that I am 'slowly backing away'.I am very active on the forum, but mainly behind the scenes as a few members could probably vouch for, when they receive one of my 'recalibration PMs'. :lol:

Winter in the UK is not great for riding, especially from the corrosion aspect of dealing with a heavy salt laden environment and the need for a really good wash down after every ride :( . But my Lardy is fully serviced and ready for the off, in the meanwhile a busy life at my paying job and the demands of getting through my house jobs (which I reserve for the winter) means time to spend waxing lyrical on the forum is limited. I am fortunate to have a good buunch of mods to assist me.

I am unsighted as to why Chris has taken a 'holiday' from BUSA as he has not communicated anything formally or specifically to me. I do have my own theory why that may be, but I will keep that private.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Desert Rat said:
I do know where he has gone & still giving info on Burgmans. If interested send me a PM.
I don't want to know where he is, just want 'im back here

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hey........!!!!!! Chris/Daboo is "free -white and over 21" So - he can do what he wants for whatever reason(s) he may have......

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
Hey........!!!!!! Chris/Daboo is "free -white and over 21" So - he can do what he wants for whatever reason(s) he may have......

Very true, but hopefully if he sees this thread he'll know how much he has helped everyone here, and how much it is appreciated, an know there is always a place for him, and it's his choice whether he chooses to take it.

We've lost some very good members (or at least they are no longer as active), and it's sad to lose another.

But Chris, stay, go, or just change status to an ordinary member, there are emany of us who are grateful for what you've done, and wish only the best for you.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I was wondering what happened to Chris, he's on Vacation, Well hope he's safe, and will be back soon.

miss the old boy..

Elliott,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.