Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Him (police officer): How much is it (pointing with his fu&*en nose to my bike)? Me: for now it coasted me 2200$, Him: Oh! i will buy a used car instead!, Me: angry & full throttle take off.
Go [email protected]&* your self! who care? he asked me how much is it and i answered, i like to burn my money as i like you idiot :banghead:, why is he acting to be a smart guy? go buy your sh!t, no one is preventing you!
people are driving me crazy, i worked so hard to buy a car but i couldn't, then someone ask me a stupid question and try to be a jackass.
i feel so angry :mad:, even i don't know why i'm posting this!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hussein, dont let what others say affect you. Who cares what they think. Be proud of your purchase.

I have a car and I can afford a brand new one, if I wanted. But I ride my Burgmans instead, everyday. They are just better transportation for me. People at work sometimes say things, but I just ignore them. I am very confident with my purchase.

The important thing is not to let what others say affect you or your mood. If it does, then they win, they have some control over you. But, if you don't care, then you win.

We have an expression in America, "it's like water off a duck's back". It means someone can handle problems or insults so well, they fall away like water does on a duck.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry for being so nervous, i hope you can understand the situation i had.
next time i will try to say "go check the dealer, this one is not for sell", or maybe ignore the call like i didn't hear what did he say. That was not the first time and it will not be the last as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've taken a lot of Bull from a few motorcycle riders as well. Both because I ride a scooter and I run a car tire. Sometimes it really gets under my skin and other times not. Not sure why? Maybe by their demeanor when they make the comments? Some folks I don't bother even trying to reason with them but just mow them down on the first pass like you wanted to. Other times we part with little or no response and still others we end up having a good conversation over it.

One Gold Wing rider gave it to me for both a scooter and the tire then we did twisties and I would gain on him in the corners even tho he was dragging his bike. I wasn't very nice when we stopped and we won't ride together again. I won't put up with his cra$ and he won't put up with my wrath.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Good rant hussein, good rant my man, I love it!

Next time somebody ask's you how much is it? Just say: "more than you can afford Son, more than you can ever afford"....it gets into their human EGO.

That was very unprofessional behavior (police) for a man in a uniform...Be careful out there.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Four wheels move body, two - soul. That's prob why a hearse has 4 wheels.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again! it happened today, the funny thing is that the guy who asked me is a discipline forces solder, looks like my bike is taking the gun boys attention!!, so ... the dealer trick worked just fine, you should try it in case you find your self in a situation like mine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I know how you feel. I actually got my burgman because I couldn't afford my car any more. Over three years my full coverage insurance inflated from $90 a month to $150 a month through no fault of my own. I had no tickets, no accidents and no surcharges on my account, they just kept raising my rate for no reason. Factoring in my fuel and maintenance cost I was spending up to 30% of my monthly income on my car.

I have better full coverage insurance on my burgman and it's only $30 a month, I spend maybe $25 a month in fuel. I also do as much of the maintenance on my burgman as I can and I enjoy doing it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts