Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's start the week with some fun! I'll leave you with my low-side crash from yesterday at the racetrack! (we're all good (bike and me! just need a new shift lever))

I'm trying to learn from it, other than certifying the leathers work pretty well, lol. from your standpoint, what caused the crash, besides chopping the gas and a bad line lol?

thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, your first mistake was trying to keep up with a supermotard on a short track :).

It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like you ran a bit wide on the second apex, and as you ran up onto the curbing, the rear started to come around (slide). On the good side, you didn't high-side.

You've put your finger on the mistake - chopping the gas. It would have been better to have stayed on the gas and hung off the bike as much as possible. I tell myself to try to put my chin on the ground. Think of Marc Marques dragging his elbow - it's something you can try for (and if you succeed, my hat is off to you). If you run out of lean angle, the worst outcome is a low-side, the same kind of crash as you had before.

Last time I did that I managed to shatter my collar bone. So, well done on just scuffing your leathers!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, your first mistake was trying to keep up with a supermotard on a short track :).

It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like you ran a bit wide on the second apex, and as you ran up onto the curbing, the rear started to come around (slide). On the good side, you didn't high-side.

You've put your finger on the mistake - chopping the gas. It would have been better to have stayed on the gas and hung off the bike as much as possible. I tell myself to try to put my chin on the ground. Think of Marc Marques dragging his elbow - it's something you can try for (and if you succeed, my hat is off to you). If you run out of lean angle, the worst outcome is a low-side, the same kind of crash as you had before.

Last time I did that I managed to shatter my collar bone. So, well done on just scuffing your leathers!
right on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts