Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in putting a down payment on a 2005 Black-Burg 400 :D

Still has to be decrated and will not get it before Saturday and probably not till next Tuesday(They dont work Sunday and Monday) :cry:

But I do want to thank everyone on this board for all the informative posts that helped me make this decision.

So to you Snooty 650 Owners :p

And to you Down to Earth Real People 400 Owners :wink:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I wouldn't call the 650 owners Snooty. A little arrogant, perhaps, but Snooty? Nah!!

:wink:

JUST KIDDING!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Naw, you've got to be driving a diesel to be sooty.
Or maybe you said shooty. In that case you're sprouting or coming up freely and regularly.
Or maybe you said scooty. In that case I am, and you are too now!
Or maybe you said snooty, which means among other things: High-class; exclusive. In which case I agree. At least that's what my 650 makes me.

Either way, welcome to scooterdom, :newb:!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Alex - I buzzed my dealer a couple of weeks ago and saw/sat on the 05 400. Man - my head was spinning about how I could get one of those beauties also. But hey - a single guy that has two scooters and a decent car!? darnit. a little too extravagent on my salary! But - I really like them. Purposeful - yet sporty. I especially like the analog gauges.

Cool - congratulations!
Pete

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Alex,

Congratulations!

Be fair though. Most of us 650 owners recognize that the 400 has a place too.

That would be.... riding BEHIND a 650 of course! :lol:

Just kidding. I like the gas mileage they get, and I really like the analog dial instruments. I know you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
AlexR
Congratulations!
And a word to the wise--I don't know how the dealers are up around your way,but to be safe the first thing you should do is check your oil, and tires :wink:

As for myself I will not partake in any snide remarks about either the 400 or 650.
Why bother, we all know the 400 is the better scooter :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hear hear.

As one that "learned" on 50cc Bennellis.

The new, polished-up 400, sitting in the blue sky of the FL sun, was a sight to behold.

Niiiice ride.

Though a new Laverda 750 would make mince-meat outta alla us. 8)

·
Registered
250 Posts
not if we mugged the rider in a pack...

Congratulations on your 400. It's a beautiful machine, and I love mine as much as a man can without breaking laws or committing cardinal sin.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Gee, if anyone is going to be snooty it will be the 650A owners not the AN650 owners, just kidding. I ride all year round and I have never met a snooty scooter rider. There are some Harley and Gold Wing owners that are snooty but who cares. Enjoy that 400 and forget about what other people do or think that is what biking is all about. :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
alburg said:
-snip- There are some Harley and Gold Wing owners that are snooty but who cares. -snip-
Hey! Let's be fair here... We don't want to overlook the snooty BMW owners. Or is there a distinction between "elitist" and "snooty"? And if there is a distinction, where would we put the Ducati riders? I think I've got it! If they are into chrome - snooty. If they are into carbon fiber - elitist. Naw... that won't work because BMW riders aren't really into carbon fiber - that's the Ducati crowd. I give up. I think I'll just wave at everybody. :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
alburg said:
There are some Harley and Gold Wing owners that are snooty....
It is wonderful to imagine a classic H-D denizen -- one of Satan's Helpers in the Peewee Herman movie -- in a snooty mode. He slows next to you at a stoplight, lumbering and throbbing and chugging, rear tires sagging with the load. The chrome is polished, the pipes brraaappp-ing with each flick of the ankle-thick and heavily tattooed right wrist. The jeans might once have been denim. You glance at the face partly shrouded by the nazi helmet. With all the cool and pink-cheeked arrogance of a Marblehead yachtsman he rolls his eyes upward and away, thinking high-status thoughts, muttering some exquisitely apt line from King Lear....

Even if only a smallish percentage of Harley riders fit the stereotype I have built on, it's a recognizable parody nonetheless. It doesn't describe any of the Burgman riders I've met here and on the road, whether of the 400 or 650 variety. Maybe we need to write some serious, macho screenplays for our maxi's, to beef up our image?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Randy writes:

And a word to the wise--I don't know how the dealers are up around your way,but to be safe the first thing you should do is check your oil, and tires
The dealer I am dealing with was voted second best in Edmonton and area, so that is out of about 30 dealers of all stripes. But, as President Reagan once said, "Trust but verify", and that is exactly what I will do.

As to the number one dealer, well its sad to say but its a Hardley dealer :roll: Hardleys are very big up here. Speaking of which...

james_eric wrote:

It is wonderful to imagine a classic H-D denizen -- one of Satan's Helpers in the Peewee Herman movie -- in a snooty mode. He slows next to you at a stoplight, lumbering and throbbing and chugging, rear tires sagging with the load. The chrome is polished, the pipes brraaappp-ing with each flick of the ankle-thick and heavily tattooed right wrist. The jeans might once have been denim. You glance at the face partly shrouded by the nazi helmet. With all the cool and pink-cheeked arrogance of a Marblehead yachtsman he rolls his eyes upward and away, thinking high-status thoughts, muttering some exquisitely apt line from King Lear....
Thatis realy good :!: , but allow me to add a line to this......

The light turns green, and THE RIDER arrogantly twists his wrist. Suddenly, there is a grinding noise, his BIKE shudders, then dies.
OOPs, he forgot this aint his Lexus!

Sorry about that, but I just could not resist :twisted:

·
Registered
250 Posts
My dealer is in an unusual category, as they sell Suzuki and Harley Davidson. Granted, they keep the Harleys in a separate building from all the "other" species of bike they carry, but I don't think that's because they're elitist about it. I think it's because it's hard to push a $25,000 softtail if you have a new 2005 Suzuki Boulevard sitting next to it for $6700, gleaming and beautiful, just as powerful, just as comfortable, and just as stylish.. Self-preservation, I'd guess.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrads on your new scoot. Took delievery yesterday of a new 05 650. Just remember it not the size of the scoot, it just having one.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the new 400, I'm sure you will be pleased. I will try not to be so Snooty........ :bootyshake:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts