Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i live in New Zealand where we use the metric system.
I purchased a 2014 AN650 Burgman (which i love) but the display will only show Fahrenheit and Miles instead of Celsius and Kilometers.
I contacted Suzuki NZ who said i would have to change the whole display unit which would cost around $900 NZD.
Is there any way around this??
I know its pretty minor but it does urk me somewhat
Cheers
Duncan

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is nonsense - - this is for the earlier models

Thanks to Randy Russell on the Burgman International Facebook page. He provided the following instructions which worked perfectly. Thanks Randy

1. Turn on ignition switch.
2. Push and hold the "select" button until ODO shows in the display.
3. Holding the "reset" button for 2 seconds wil "toggle" from one to the other.
makes ya wonder about the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the infomation.
I tried it to no avail.
I was told from Suzuki NZ that it is an American spec bike and thats why i can't change it.
Sounds pretty crappy really as i can change the most cheapest gadgets from C to F or the other way round.
Cheers
Duncan

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think you are going to need to buy the metric dash to get what you want because the gauges are analog and not like the older models which are digital. At least you do have the smaller kph marks on the speedo so you can tell how fast you are going in kph.

I would just learn how to do the conversion for Fahrenheit to Celsius in my head before I would pay for the new dash. But I would also keep a lookout on eBay because sooner or later a metric dash will pop up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know others were not fond of the digital dash, but i love it
& this is just another reason why.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
A Speedo-Healer would do the trick.

Multiply the speed signal to the speedometer by (1.6/1.1) The 1.1 division is to take care of Suzuki's intentional 10% bragging speedometer.

You'd need to run a separate "clean" speed signal to the CVT-controller input of the ECU, otherwise the scooter would shift into OD at 60 kph, and it can't pull that.

You probably have the shady odometer "adjustment" shops in NZ, too.
Those guys can make your odometer show whatever total mileage (kilometrage) you want, and after the Speedohealer cure, your odometer would record the total amount of ridden kilometers correctly.

The temperature gauge is much harder, because of the non-linear characteristic of the temperature sensor.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
A Speedo-Healer would do the trick.

Multiply the speed signal to the speedometer by (1.6/1.1) The 1.1 division is to take care of Suzuki's intentional 10% bragging speedometer.

You'd need to run a separate "clean" speed signal to the CVT-controller input of the ECU, otherwise the scooter would shift into OD at 60 kph, and it can't pull that.

You probably have the shady odometer "adjustment" shops in NZ, too.
Those guys can make your odometer show whatever total mileage (kilometrage) you want, and after the Speedohealer cure, your odometer would record the total amount of ridden kilometers correctly.

The temperature gauge is much harder, because of the non-linear characteristic of the temperature sensor.
If you, or someone willing to help you, know how to write computer programs, you can use for instance an Arduino to change the analog signal from the thermistor in a similar way. http://playground.arduino.cc/ComponentLib/Thermistor2

Of course, the freezing roadway alert will go off way to soon, as the freezing point of water is 32F

1 - 10 of 10 Posts