Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always owned older bikes. With the older standards come the availability of a "sissy bar" 6" to 6' depending on your flavor. I do not want a top box, I want a sissy bar. I want to add it to my 2012 650 exec without giving up a good back rest for my wife. I plan on getting a tunnel bag and I want to mount a backpack on my sissy bar. I like to pack in bags not luggage. I like the bags to be useful when they are not on the bike. It seems like I am saying "I want my cake and I want to eat it not just today but again tomorrow." But the truth is, if this scooter was built 30 years ago it would have one and you would expect nothing less. Buy the way I did find one but found out it now being made any longer.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Someplace, I have seen a passenger backrest/sissy bar
that was sold by an independent maker.
Basically, it was a small luggage rack, with the padded
passenger backrest built-in as part of the rack...about
12 inches or so tall.

·
Administrator
18,746 Posts
Its from a company spelled like Feling or something like that. They also make front finder chrome and side crashbar chrome too.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
According to Two Wheel Touring's website - the rack (Fehling) is no longer produced - must be what Quail is talking about. It was a nice rack that probably didn't sell too many.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to Two Wheel Touring's website - the rack (Fehling) is no longer produced - must be what Quail is talking about. It was a nice rack that probably didn't sell too many.[/QUOTE

You are correct Jeff. I saw this part and looked all over just to find it is no longer produced. :confused: I am sure lack of sales is the reason, the trend for all bikes and scooters today seems to be bolt on luggage.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
if this scooter was built 30 years ago it would have one and you would expect nothing less.
If this scooter was built 30 years ago, there'd be a lot more scooters on the road today. Lol. Just my two cents. :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
No offense, I loved my '82 Honda V45 Sabre with a sissy bar too. But I also remember the engine dying at 5k feet because of the carburated engine, and strapping all sorts of grocery bags, backpacks and luggage instead of being safely tucked away in the trunk. And horrible brakes, push starts, and shifting, the constant, never ending shifting.

My only point was, there will be more scooters in the future because of this wonderful bike. Had it been around 30 years ago, certainly there would be more today.

No regrets here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No offense, I loved my '82 Honda V45 Sabre with a sissy bar too. But I also remember the engine dying at 5k feet because of the carburated engine, and strapping all sorts of grocery bags, backpacks and luggage instead of being safely tucked away in the trunk. And horrible brakes, push starts, and shifting, the constant, never ending shifting.

My only point was, there will be more scooters in the future because of this wonderful bike. Had it been around 30 years ago, certainly there would be more today.

No regrets here.
No offence taken. I was just saying that if scooters were more popular everyone riding one would think they had to dress up in scooter gear just to enjoy the day. We would have to have our Burgman boots and Burgman jacket.

I fell in love with the old Honda CB's, but I do not own one today because I do not have the time to tinker with it every day just so it will work the next time I need to ride. Who can ever forget what it is like to ask 4 Carbs to work together and play nice. Who can forget what 6 drops of rain would do to the chance of you getting home with out it spitting and spuddering all the way. Or leaning it over more than 5 degrees in a parking lot so you could prove that it is possible to pull out your back just to get that top heavy tank back to center. I rode yesterday by turning the key and twisting the right grip. Nothing more. I parked it and plan on doing the same when I get home tonight. To me that is almost magic. Maybe I will check something before I ride tonight.....Oh yea the gas gauge, :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts