Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Burgman to the race track but ... I wasn't allow to ride it :( so I had to ride the ninja instead xD.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good thing you had a backup plan!

I've done track days in my cars, so naturally I'd love to get my super-scoot out on the track! :D
I wonder if they'd at least let let me in to the first rider class? ;)

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
Some of the organizations will. I've talked to a group that does track days here in North Texas and they said I could ride my 650. I would have to do all the prep stuff they require like disabling the lights and taping over the lenses.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have never been on a tarmac or asphalt track. Many a dirt track though. Anyway, what would be the reason for not allowing the burgman on the course? Maybe the possibility of dragging the side or center stand? Or tire size? I am curious.:confused:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Well The 400 Transmission Cover Does Scrape a Bit when Making Left Turns, So you cant Lean it to Much , and I barley Lean mines at all, and I noticed Deep Scaring on the Transmission Cover. It may Depend on the Suspension Setting. 1 thru 7,But if you go out side Look down there and you Should see Scratches....

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well The 400 Transmission Cover Does Scrape a Bit when Making Left Turns, So you cant Lean it to Much , and I barley Lean mines at all, and I noticed Deep Scaring on the Transmission Cover. It may Depend on the Suspension Setting. 1 thru 7,But if you go out side Look down there and you Should see Scratches....

Elliott,

yeah I got the same scratches I will take some pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow, that person in the YouTube video looked pretty good.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Now! That Guy Has Great Talent, I can't even do that!! But are Bike are Heavy that Bike can't be no more then 400 Lbs at best!

yes! fernando, post some pics when you get time, I must have sanded that area 5 times all ready, But the Scratches just seem to come back!!

nice video Ron380,

How the scrapes don't know!!

Elliott,

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Maybe show them the Burgman Racing Team next time...

and our very own Smurf owned the R1...

Talking High praise for 650 Burgman

Out for my Sunday ride down my favourite windy mountain road when I was over taken dangerously close by an R1

.So the red mist came down and I was OFF. Power button on I caught him in 3 corners and over took him on the 5 sweeper scraping my knee and the centre stand.(I was wearing my leather pants with knee sliders as I had Just been down the same road on my 916 duke about 2 hours ago, and then went home to get the wife to go for a ride with her on her cruiser)
Well he was so shocked that he waved me over and said that he never thought that in his widest dreams he would be overtaken buy a scooter. He took a photo of the bike after I gave him all the details about it he left still shaking his head.
I know what you are all thinking an R1 against a 650 Burgman how is that possible well there a lot of factors that need to be looked at

1 I know the road like the back of my hand
2 all the corners are no more than 45ks
3 short straights
4 I have done track days on my Burgman and have a racing back ground

I am always in awe of what this bike can do*

The wife caught up with me and just shook her head and said you just had to do it didn't you
well I said a challenge was thrown down and had to be answered
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-general-discussion/70658-high-praise-650-burgman.html
and the VFR800 rider saying "if this were a race there would be no losing the Burgman"

That was my biggest surprise - how capable the Burgman 650 was in the twists. Big brakes, great acceleration in the mid range and low Cof G.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts