Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, every/anyone! I've loved burgman from afar, and now I'm looking into buying a 650. I've been driving a 250cc scooter for years, but want something bigger that I can use for commuting and trips, as short or long as I want them. Now, I've researched up and down all about burgmans, and now about every thing about them, just about. The one question I need help with is... Would it be smart to buy a 650 now, knowing that that model has been discontinued??? Wanting this to be my long-term bike, would finding parts become a problem if anything were to happen to it??? Would this make Suzuki dealerships or scooter dealerships knowledge of this scooter dissipate because they won't be making them anymore??? I just would like some insight on if, since it's discontinued, would this be a smart/good purchase.

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Brandon, don’t waste a year like I did.....get one ASAP. The B650 has so much power and comfort it’s like a Silent Magic Carpet Ride.

Grab this one before I do .

·
Premium Member
7,583 Posts
yeeeah, sometimes it's difficult finding parts, but when your bike is so reliable and so few repairs are needed, tires and oil are really about it, besides those sucky air filters which never seem to work out right but you can get them in advance .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, every/anyone! I've loved burgman from afar, and now I'm looking into buying a 650. I've been driving a 250cc scooter for years, but want something bigger that I can use for commuting and trips, as short or long as I want them. Now, I've researched up and down all about burgmans, and now about every thing about them, just about. The one question I need help with is... Would it be smart to buy a 650 now, knowing that that model has been discontinued??? Wanting this to be my long-term bike, would finding parts become a problem if anything were to happen to it??? Would this make Suzuki dealerships or scooter dealerships knowledge of this scooter dissipate because they won't be making them anymore??? I just would like some insight on if, since it's discontinued, would this be a smart/good purchase.

Thanks, all!
So do i but i just can't afford one,they are great.

·
Premium Member
7,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I also really wanted a Burgman 650. I bought one to replace my Gold Wing in 2006. Then I lost my mind thinking I wanted something else and tried twice to find it before coming to my senses. I realized that I had what I really wanted with the Burgman. Now I'm back where I belong.

I'd say don't worry about parts or service talent being available. I don't expect that to "change" any time soon. All my previous bikes except two were discontinued models. I bought my Gold Wing GL1500 the year before that specific model was dropped in favor of a newer model. Never had problems getting parts when needed. My ST1100 was discontinued in 2002 but I bought it in 2009. No issues getting parts in 2014 or even now for that matter. My 2014 CTX1300 was only a one year bike with Honda. Parts still available today. I know that many riders stay with a bike for over a decade and I wouldn't worry about parts becoming unavailable in that time for certain.

I do recommend that if you can swing it to go for a 2013 or newer model if you are in any way concerned about this. A newer model will last much longer simply from being... well... newer. Though I really don't think the older models would be any significant risk. Parts would likely only be needed if you crash (like why I needed parts for my ST1100 in 2010). Oil and tires should not be a problem at all.

Oh, and BTW... Welcome to the forum @brendyn.porter 😁

·
Administrator
17,610 Posts
Many dealers still have "New Old Stock" 2018 650s that you can get. The warranty does not start until the 'SOLD' paper work is done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts