Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oochoofaa.

White or as suttle as can be. Fun weekend run-about!.[/url]

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I liked it as well but was disappointed with it when I took one for a demo ride. It didn't have enough power for me. It rode ok with minor vibrations that you would expect from a single. If I were to go the dual sport route, I would get a 650, Kawasaki, Honda or Suzuki.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I like it very much. It was one of my recommendations when a guy asked if he should buy a Burgman despite the fact that he lives three miles down a dirt road. The DR-Z400SM is available in black. That's how I would have it, and I'd take off all the stickers as I have done to my scooter. I understand that Allwalk was disappointed in the performance, and likewise, if it were my only bike, I'd probably opt for something with more power. I think as a commuter tool it would be a hoot though.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have also considered it (in black). The power is what one might expect in a street ride single these days. It has more power than my DR350, though. It takes lots of technique to pull wheelies in second, as does a few 650 DP's. If it's wheelies what you want, go for a KTM LC4. The 'zuki oughta get terrific gas mileage, but it's only got that little tank, so it'll never be enough to satisfy. For less money, if it's a DP you want, you just can't beat a KLR650.

Steve

Gear up!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I like the idea of the Motards but I can't live with the tall seats, 35" on the DR-Z400SM. I guess it's pretty hard to have long travel suspension and low seat height on the same bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts