Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks for all the advice. I am now the proud oner of a new 2013 650. Local dealer came close to matching the dealer a few hours away. Close enough for me. Also got them to match the oneida price on the extended warranty and 2.99 financing to boot. I am very happy!! Loved my ride home except it was too short. At 6'2" may need to look at a backrest that moves me back a few inches but I'm in no hurry. What a great machine. Scott

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations, your going to love it. My wife took her Burgman 650, and I rode my Goldwing. We did an over night ride to Llano and back. Almost 700 miles over 2 days, and not even a wimpier. It really is an impressive machine.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the group! The more you ride that machine the more it's going to spoil you!

Greg

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
A lovely motor, congrats!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think you'll love it. I'm also 6'2" and I had to remove the bumper on my 04 650 and do without a backrest. Any I've tried move me forward and take away the valuable knee room; which is still too tight for wearing any armored pants but I live with it. I always wear an armored jacket, alpinestars GP plus or GP Pro gloves and a full face Shoei 1100 RF 3xl helmet (which I finally found that fits my big head). I strap a duffel on the seat behind me to lean against on long rides. I might also suggest trying an airhawk pad for long trips and changing to a clear view XL tinted windshield with vent. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congrats! I'm 6'2" myself and I have to say that a backrest made a huge improvement in comfort for me. Glad to have a fresh voice in the mix here at the forum too - welcome!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just made the first payment on my 2013. A really great scooter to ride. I too had to remove the butt bumper to get the room I need to get confee....Enjoy and be safe. Oh, I almost forgot, it will take about two weeks for your face to quit hurting from all the grinning you will be doing!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Great decision. What a wonderful ride. Aloha!

·
Registered
438 Posts
First, thanks for all the advice. I am now the proud oner of a new 2013 650. Local dealer came close to matching the dealer a few hours away. Close enough for me. Also got them to match the oneida price on the extended warranty and 2.99 financing to boot. I am very happy!! Loved my ride home except it was too short. At 6'2" may need to look at a backrest that moves me back a few inches but I'm in no hurry. What a great machine. Scott
I think you're going to have fun.

Do tell us when you have tales of new adventures.

Ride Safe
Scott Fraser
Calgary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts