Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a point of interest..has anyone ever mounted an I Pad as a GPS on a bike or the Burgie?
If so did it work, where did you mount it and if not do you think this would work?
Ta!

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
I've never done it but I don't see why you couldn't. Only issue I can see is how well will it hold up to the vibration and weather it would be exposed to. You would probably have to build you own mounting system.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Likely not quite there yet in bright light tho the 7" is an idea. Should be fine from a durability aspect.
MotionXDrive would be wicked on that big screen. BlueTooth it to the helmet....sweet rig and I could read my emails too. :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MacDoc said:
Likely not quite there yet in bright light tho the 7" is an idea. Should be fine from a durability aspect.
MotionXDrive would be wicked on that big screen. BlueTooth it to the helmet....sweet rig and I could read my emails too. :D
Well im not sure i intend to read my emails while driving :lol:
However, I was wondering as you can get window fixing holders for in the car so i thought why not the bike?
You can also get 7 inch trucker GPS which i did consider but as i had a an I Pad why not use that?
for example i saw this mount in the UK
http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/apple-ipad-1 ... 9bne66o5h6

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I have an iPad but I do not reckon the screen is good enough for display on the move outside during the day.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I Ain't puttin' no Mini or Maxi-Pad on my Scoot!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have an IPAD I keep under my seat and have for a long time. I use MOTION X apps as well they are very nice. I have changed from an I-Phone to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and bought a RAM-Mount for it on my handle bars. In direct sunlight no device that is AMOLED or LCD holds up to the test, however rarely is the sun so direct or bright that my phone is not functional on my handlebars.

I could not find enough space to mount the full size I-Pad other than low in the step-through well, and I found that it was too far away and too low to be useful. I love the large screen of the S3 and I have no desire for a mount for an IPAD now. The combination of the must larger phone and the RAM-MOUNT (key difference for me) has brought the phone up and forward enough that I am very happy.
Another benefit I have found from the RAM-Mount is that the universal mount design from RAM works for all the phones I have tried and my GPS unit, when I want to bring it. The grip is very stable and strong so my phone feels very safe. The adjustability of the RAM arms allows me to turnthe phone around video my ride out the side of my wind shield. Vibration has not been a problem yet, but long term has yet to be seen.

As far as the elements I have found that a light rain never hits the phone as wind deflection takes care of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts