Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to rebuild my stock seat,

Anyone know who sells the factory OEM seat cover?

I am going to start off rebuilding the stock seat with, I may use either 1 or 2 layers of this 1" firm closed cell foam, then a saddleman gel pad 3/4" thick from JC whitney for both rider and passenger, then a layer of open cell foam this will be a thicker layer.

I will try to stuff as much padding under the stock seat cover as I can, I noticed that under the stock seat cover I can push the seat cover down about 1" or more before it touches the stock foam, Just air under there, that's no good.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Before you get too engaged - have you tried a Beadrider?
You may be very pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
there was something I saw a long time ago on e-bay about an aftermarket seat cover for the 650 but I haven't been there in so long.

you can pretty much use your favorite material to recover the seat.

this site provides great info on how to rebuild/modify seats; DIY - Motorcycle Seat

I don't think Suzuki sells just the cover part, they want to make money on selling the entire seat...

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
What would a seat cover do that the present cover does not do if you removed it to rebuild the seat? If you just want another type cover why not a sheep skin?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The seat cover that is on my bike shows some sun fading, not bad, and it looks much better, Like new even, if i keep a leather conditioner on the seat.

I did check with saddleman seat covers, They make them to order, and come in many different colors, i would not mind a Gray seat cover, instead of a black one. My 650 is Silver.

I have not tried a beadrider, but I will google them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts