Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your PO had a tender on it 'cause he forgot he had a switch to prevent the battery drain. Makes perfect sense to me; his mechanic made life easy for long term disuse. Instead of disconnecting the battery all he had to do was flip the switch.
Wife and I go south for the winter and all I do for all the vehicles we leave behind is disconnect the negative post of the batteries and put a small piece of rubber or cardboard between the negative cable and post. That's it. No tender, charger or whatnots. In the spring when we get home I reconnect the battery and start 'em up. Been doing that for eleven winters and no dead batteries yet. Both my '11 Versys and '10 Burgman and our old Dodge SX2.0 fired up this spring again and ran. Oh, I also put marine fuel preservative in the tanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
UPDATE! Ok so I checked the wire from the kill switch and it led directly into the fuse box so I disconnected that and put a new fuse in and everything’s good to go. No F1 light so no C 41 code, all seems good. I guess by putting the kill switch in it somehow triggered a faulty code, not sure if that’s possible, but all is looking good at this point. Scooter does have a rough idle but that’s about it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts