Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

I need help - insurance settlement value

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  sbukosky 
No good deed goes unpunished. I loaned out my pristine 2009 Executive (8,000 miles)and it was put in a ditch. Just seemed to be plastic damage but then it revealed that the frame had a fist sized distortion in it so the insurance company is totaling it on me. They are offering $5,600 settlement and the adjuster wants to buy it and in total will give me just a bit over $6,000 for it. I've been looking for replacements and it would be tight considering I'd either have to travel out of state or gamble and have one shipped here going on the word of the selling dealer. NADA value is $6,580. What do you guys think? I have American Family Insurance, reputable, but I've never had a vehicle totaled so don't know if it is a take it or leave it deal or if I'm being low-balled.
Check my 2012 with 11,000 miles in the classified section. It's not much more than the agent will pay you for yours. You can have anyone locally look at it and they'll no-doubt confirm that it's in like-new condition. I'll work with you on the shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.