Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

I need help - insurance settlement value

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  sbukosky 
Here is how I see it. I believe most people would take the $6,000.00 as stated above. However... There is something that seems sort of fishy about the adjuster wanting to buy the scooter. Sort of a conflict of interest. I would ask for the full amount..of its value and even more. It is like negotiating with a used car salesman on your trade in... You never settle for the very first offer... Insurance companies are there to make money. They, nor the adjuster has your best interest as their concern... There is more money for your scooter, I'd say at least $500.00 - $800.00 more. I'd ask for $800.00 more and settle for $500.00. By the way, they HAVE TO BY LAW settle the claim and will usually do it by negotiation. I know several people that has refused the initial offer and gotten more money... Me included.

In my own experience I had some storm damage to my house, my insurance adjuster totaled the damage to be $4,900.00. I hired my own independent adjuster and got $9,800.00. I know this is home owners insurance, but he principle is the same. When I told my insurance company what I was doing they were quite uncomfortable with it, asking me why I felt I had to do that... Like they had no idea my claim was so undervalued by their adjuster. Point is, they paid...and did it promptly. Trust me... There is more money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.