Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reposting this as I put my orriginal post in the wrong section. I may be interested in an '09 400 that is located in Austin, Texas. But, I'm in Colorado and can't make a quick trip to check it out. It has about 10K miles on it so, I'm not too terribly worried about it mechanically. However, I would like to know if there are maintenance records, if it shows signs of being dropped and whether it rides okay. Generally, if it looks like a good, dependable ride and would be worth the asking price plus shipping. The price looks goodat $3800. Anyone out there who can help me with this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not in Texas or I'd be glad to help...but at $3800+ shipping- seems a bit expensive- are these really that hard to come by any closer to you? Use http://www.searchtempest.com and search your farthest driving (or if you're willing) one day's worth of riding. I considered approx a 500mile radius and a plane ticket to major cities (San Fran, Phoenix, Vegas) was under 1-$200 with only 24-48hrs in advance. That n gas for a 1 day ride (assuming the bike is up for the trip) is a good few hundred cheaper than shipping it- and a whole lot more fun.

Just a thought- I almost did this to get a bike in Phoenix.

I'm in Los Angeles and yeah it's easier to find scoots out this way because we drive all year long- but from what I saw this summer- we pay a premium for anything close to LA... and $3800 for 10k miles on an '08 seems a bit steep without the shipping fee if you're buying from a private seller. Dealers will try to rob you for $41- 4500... again, West prices though.

And I'd assume the bike was laid down. I'd say 15% of the scooters I've seen ever have not been dropped. It's amazing how these dang things will take a nap at the most unexpected moments. :lol: I bought mine- dropped on BOTH sides (thank goodness it's black - doesn't show too much) but I got an '08 with 10K in Los Angeles for $2900 but it runs great. After test driving a handful- that all ran worse, and didn't look much better than mine....and I just felt I couldn't wait any longer- I decided I could live with this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts