Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is WAY off topic, even for here. When I was in SanDiego, my wife and I stopped into a little hole in the wall place for breakfast. They had the most awesome pancakes we have ever tasted. Fluffy, chewey, sweet, full of flavor like a pastry of sort. We want to make some ourselves but the recipe on the box of Bisquick doesnt even come close. Anyone have any fantastic pancake recipes?
-Bryan

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jim said:
Try putting pcs. of apple (small or larger) in the batter, Mmmm good.
what this place going to become.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Most likely they were made from scratch, but add 1/2 cream to the milk.

(Then put closed container in Burgman under seat storage and go for a ride to mix it.) :D

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I'll contribute a really simple home-made pancake recipe.

1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons (or less) sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk

Cook on a 350-degree griddle that has been coated with Crisco. For thicker pancakes, use less milk. The correct amount of milk will also vary depending on how "thirsty" the flour is that you use.

Makes about 8 cakes.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Here is my personal favorite way to make pancakes:

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2-3 eggs beaten(depends how "fluffy" you want them)
2 cups milk
1/2 bag of nestle toll house chocolate chips
1/2 cup of crushed walnuts or pecans

Cook on a griddle at 375. MMMMMMMMMM.....................................

·
Registered
42 Posts
hint from Heloise

use bottled soda water for the liquid, and add a little extra oil. Is very light and fluffy!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
It was probably some bulk mix by Sisco or somebody. The best pancakes I've ever had were in some little drug store. I saw a big bag of pancake mix, by some major wholesale supplier, on the shelf but can't recall the name.

Rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Along the line of Scootr Grrrrrrrrrrrl's suggestion, by adding some carbonation the cakes are very light and tasty. Our favorite uses 7 - UP instead of water or milk.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
For a healthier choice:

1/2 cup whole wheat flower
1/3 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet Splenda (0.035oz)
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1 4oz package carb control vanilla yogurt
enough skin milk to thin the batter to the desired consistency (I don't measure this so I don't know the exact amount)

Do not over mix the batter.

Cook on hot non stick griddle with a little non stick spray

Makes about 4 6" pancakes (I live alone so I cook for one but the recipe can be doubled or tripled)

I eat mine with a little Smart Balance Light spread and Cary's sugar free syrup.

·
Registered
418 Posts
This is about as close to a pastry style pancake as mentioned.. Hope you try it.. and know you'll enjoy this recipe as much as I have.. Though it's more of a pie pancake.. :D

Ingredients :

1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup biscuit mix
1/4 cup brown sugar - (packed)
2 tbl butter softened
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cup biscuit mix
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup chunky applesauce
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 x egg

Method :
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 15- by 10- by 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
In a small bowl, combine oats, 1/4 cup biscuit mix, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Set aside.
Beat remaining ingredients with whisk until well-blended. Pour into prepared pan. Spread batter to edges. Sprinkle evenly with oats mixture.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until light golden brown. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.

·
Registered
168 Posts
GREENGOOSE
There are just lots and lots of things to add to good pancakes, strawberries, bannas, peanut butter chips, pecans, in some cases candy (m&m's) pineapple, peaches, just about any fruit
don e sr

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
DON E SR. said:
GREENGOOSE
There are just lots and lots of things to add to good pancakes, strawberries, bannas, peanut butter chips, pecans, in some cases candy (m&m's) pineapple, peaches, just about any fruit
don e sr
Don't forget sweet shredded coconut. Forget the syrup - just apply butter & eat.

Awesome! 8)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Good job this was not a 'real time' request from Greengoose - his guests would have long gone home by now! :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
panny cakes

Sorry about this, all! I am afraid I am the one that brought up an old topic, but we did get some good ideas and recipes!

Y'all can come over for the baked ones HEEHEE

Maureen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts