Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't ride much during the summer - a lot of time was spent at hospitals - beloved had MAJOR open heart (now she goes back in next Monday for a few days to fix a problem from that).

Then school started and w/no A/C or even air flow - shorts were the norm (inside rooms were almost 90 degrees).

Now the shoulder surgery today - doc found a LOT more damage than expected so it's now in an immobilizer for six weeks. Of course, I'll need to be taken/picked up from work too.

At least I put a few miles on it Tuesday. Oil nice and hot. Fuel stabilizer and fresh gas.

BTW, this hunt and peck with one hand is the pits (I'm a computer tech.)

So kiddies, what's the life lesson today: If you're going to get old and continue to be active - stay in shape, be smart about your body and be tough. It's so much fun watching the 20, 30 and 40 year olds whine. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Yeah sometimes life is hard. I am sure a lot of us folks know what it is like growing old, not easy. Count your blessing Bruce good times are coming. :thumbup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
happytech said:
I didn't ride much during the summer - a lot of time was spent at hospitals ...
So kiddies, what's the life lesson today: If you're going to get old and continue to be active - stay in shape, be smart about your body and be tough. It's so much fun watching the 20, 30 and 40 year olds whine. :lol: :lol:
I hear you!
- I had bypass surgery last December, so most of my two-wheel time has been of the pedal variety. I'm training for a 3 day ride the end of this month. I did get to take Scout out for 3 days in July and scout the route for this bicycle ride. It should be a grand time.
- When I wasn't riding, it was my turn to be the care giver. Wife had chemo most of the summer and abdominal surgery in August. We're about to start another round of chemo.

My lesson for the day - Keep on truckin`!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My heart goes out on the chemo - I watched my mom go through that.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
My prayers are with both of you.

Two quotes that I heard recently.

I was watching NCIS - LA and this apparently is a saying quoted by Navy SEALS. "The only easy day was yesterday." They mean it for other reasons. Those that are getting older, understand it in a different light.

The other is "Youth is wasted on the young".

I was out for a walk the other evening. I thought I walked quite fast. A 20-something came out of the houses to my right and passed me a minute or so later. She was walking even faster, so I upped my speed to keep up. I thought it would set me a nice challenge to use her to pace myself. It was all I could do to match her pace! The thing that made me just chuckle was that she looked like she was just ambling along and could've gone much faster. :roll: When I was her age, I never thought about getting "old". Ancient seemed to be 40 at the time. I never appreciated the youth I had when I was her age.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,151 Posts
Daboo said:
I was out for a walk the other evening. I thought I walked quite fast. A 20-something came out of the houses to my right and passed me a minute or so later. She was walking even faster, so I upped my speed to keep up. I thought it would set me a nice challenge to use her to pace myself. It was all I could do to match her pace! The thing that made me just chuckle was that she looked like she was just ambling along and could've gone much faster. :roll: When I was her age, I never thought about getting "old". Ancient seemed to be 40 at the time. I never appreciated the youth I had when I was her age.

Chris
every time I do that they call the cops :roll:

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
The other is "Youth is wasted on the young"
That reminds me of working with a young bass fisherman back when that was ahead of his time. He came up with the idea that we should retire until age 55 and than start working.

·
Premium Member
8,151 Posts
Chet_Benson said:
The other is "Youth is wasted on the young"
That reminds me of working with a young bass fisherman back when that was ahead of his time. He came up with the idea that we should retire until age 55 and than start working.
he has obviously nevr seen a 55 year old pole dancer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts