Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been shopping for scooters, then vtwin cruisers and now scooters again for a year or more. Actually, I kinda forgot about it for a while, but it keeps coming back.

Most recently researched Reflex, Majesty and Aprilla. A great little review at http://www.autoexpress.co.uk (look for the maxi scooters review). The B 400 came in third behind the Silverwing and TMax, which I think is pretty good, especially since it beat out the Aprilla and Piaggio's.

Anyway, after much searching, I have been quoted an out the door price of $5349 for a blue 05 400. Just missed an 04 listed for $3995 in the local recycler magazine..... Still, seems a good price for an 05.

I love all the info here. Great site and people! Thanks!

Travis

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome Travis! I think that sounds like fair market value for a spankin new 05 400. I think thats about what my local dealer was asking for theirs. Good luck and I hope you have some wheels soon!
pete

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Long Beach, CA (LA area). And, I'm fortunate to work in the same town just five miles away. I will use the scooter for commuting, running around town and occasional daytripping to area beaches or mountains. For serious trips and camping, I'll use my truck cuz I travel pretty heavy!

I'm pretty excited to finally do the deal. Having second thoughts about the color (blue), though. I just got off the phone with another dealer who will come close to the other guy OTD for a silver 400.

I'll keep you posted in the Newbie Forum.

Travis

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Travis,

Welcome to ICOBO!

Get silver (they're faster 8) )!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Travis,
Welcome! When you feel comfortable on your new B400 come on up the Coast a bit and we can get together and compare notes. Not too many Burgmans in these woods. :(
GinDrinker
Goleta, CA
:D
2004 Silver Burgman 650

PS: Wyldman is right: Silver is faster! :wink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I've been reading around here for some time. and it is obvious now that silver is faster. Thus, I started getting nervous. Now I have a faster silver 400 waiting to be picked up.

I've spent hours researching break-in driving techniques (conclusion: somewhere between "drive it like you stole it" and "4002 rpm, Oh My God! NO!" Still "researching" the proper time for the first oil change (50 or 600) and why I won't be getting over 50 mpg like everyone else..... and whether I want to trade more mpg for a Givi to shelter my 6'2 head...

I am clearly now fully dependent upon burgmanusa. Uhmm, can you tell me what I would like for dinner?

Trav

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
spaghetti! LOL

Welcome to the group. I'm sure you will love your scoot. I loved mine and can't wait until I can get another.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Go for the pork chops, green beans & red potatos. Choc. pudding too.

Welcome....you're gonna love that 400. Just don't try to beat my blue one. [Blue is stealth] Gotta use caution though...we're almost invisible.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Pinwheel was close .....Italian food , Lasagna is the best choice with a silver Burgman. BTW congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I sense another BUSA addict! LOL I think you will find you made an excellent choice, Travis. Not only with the 400 but getting the faster color! ;) It will work well in Longbeach. I had a friend who lived there for a while and I spent quite a bit of time there one summer. Drove down from N. Cal. He lived close to the beach, halfway between the beach and a place called Belmont Station (didn't they have a good dinner there?), just north of Little Venice. Just watch out for the crazy cages! We're INVISIBLE to them whether on blue, black, silver or red.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sense another BUSA addict! LOL
I think you are right, Selias. I just picked up the Burgie at LA Suziki and put 40 miles on it on the way home! Great fun - gonna post a message in the newbie forum....

Travis

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Duster said:
Go for the pork chops, green beans & red potatos. Choc. pudding too.
I know his handle is "outwest" -- but he's in Long Beach, not Waco.

I recommend the grilled asparagus and tomatoes with Balsamic vinaigrette; followed by a portabella, spinach, artichoke, feta, and mozzarella pizza; and finished with poached pears in raspberry sauce.

;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know his handle is "outwest" -- but he's in Long Beach, not Waco.
But, ah acshully hail fum Memphis an luv BBQ! But, Memphis stile.
(translation coutesy of http://rinkworks.com/dialect/)

You, Brian, must be either a cook at California Pizza Kitchen or watching way to much Food Network!

Travis

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
outwest said:
...You, Brian, must be either a cook at California Pizza Kitchen...
Never been there. Are they any good?

outwest said:
...or watching way to much Food Network!
Guilty!

Also a graduate of the ICS Catering and Gourmet Cooking program, several Disney Institute food and wine courses, etc.

(I'm paying for my love of food by now being on a rather strict diet, taking pills for Type-2 diabetes, etc. -- I've got to learn moderation. :( )

BTW, the above menu is from my latest study: Healthy Gourmet Cooking. That sounds like an oxymoron, but it doesn't have to be. Keep the portions reasonable (hard for me to do) and it's quite healthful.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also a graduate of the ICS Catering and Gourmet Cooking program
Brian, That was my second guess - that you were a chef!

California Pizza Kichen is good, but not necessarily "gourmet". The bacon, lettuce and tomato pizza is very nice, if you're into that sort of thing. Also like the pear and gorgonzola pizza, and their chef salad.

I am predisposed to diabetes and have been low carb for a few years to control weight and reduce sugar intake.

Lovin my 400. Gonna put another 25 mils at least on it today.

Travis

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Travis,

I just came across (& ordered) the grip wraps & some other goodies as follows:

16146 NOJ Comfort Grip Wraps Black $13.16
16020 Throttle Rocker 2 - Right (Throttle) Side 1 $8.99
16320 Progrip Lever Grips Model 480 - Black $2.85
Shipping: U.S.P.S. Priority Mail®: $5.75
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $30.75

I got them from:

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/

These prices are way better that I've found anywhere, even eBay!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the product info Wyldman. Checking it out... the throttle lever looks particularly interesting.

Trav

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Congatulations on your purchase Travis! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts