Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of a recent electrical failure (thanx to all for feedback), I had to remove all the tupperware off of my 2006 650.

I watched LeDude's videos, and used my service manual. Everything came off as expected and re-installation was even simpler. Wow, I am impressed with the engineering of these pieces.

Only problem was, when I was done, I had two of the small screws leftover. Now if this was IKEA and my new kitchen cupboards, I would expect to have a few extra bits, but these were in the bike when I started, and now they are on the magnetic tray beside my toolbox.

I think I will pull it all apart again this weekend to find the culprit screwhole.

Any guesses on what I missed? I am hoping I will get lucky and find it under the floor mats.

Ah well, at least its clean.

Blakers

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
When I was in the Navy, I learned about the law of inanimate reproduction which states: If you disassemble and reassemble something enough times, pretty soon you will have enough spare parts to make two.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
A suggestion. Before you take it apart again get a box of those little snack size ziplock bags. As you take each piece off put it's fasteners in a bag and tape it to the part. That way you will know as you put each piece on whether or not you have fasteners left over.

As for where that might go, how about the two small screws that secure the trunk box cover to the tunnel cover up under the nose of the seat. Another place easy to miss is the two small screws that go in from the bottom to secure the lower side covers to the floorboard.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another thing you can do is to take a picture on your smartphone of each step before disassembling so that you can see what things are suppose to look like when you reassemble.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Might want to use the fiche too.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
If you had a photo of them I might be able to tell you where they go.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
When I pulled my panels off for the first time I found an extra washer! The idiot mechanics at the dealer had dropped it and rather than retrieve it, they just found something laying around and stuck it in there{it was the washer on the seat support arm}. I replaced it to it's proper place since the one they used was the wrong size and causing problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts