Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Just got home from my local yuppie market. They had these two, and just cheese ( which I didn’t buy).

Which should I have first?

Yellow Red Material property Gold Font

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Just got home from my local yuppie market. They had these two, and just cheese ( which I didn’t buy).

Which should I have first?

View attachment 99246
The Sausage and Pepperoni, definitely., that and the Meat lovers which is this pizza plus bacon are my favorites. Regular price now at my local grocery are $7.49. still cheaper per ounce than Jacks Pizza now that they are $3.99. I'd love a holler back?

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
The Sausage and Pepperoni, definitely., that and the Meat lovers which is this pizza plus bacon are my favorites. Regular price now at my local grocery are $7.49. still cheaper per ounce than Jacks Pizza now that they are $3.99. I'd love a holler back?
Well, sports fans, my wife and I had the Home Run Inn sausage and pepperoni last night, and we were unimpressed. We gave it a "not bad for frozen supermarket pizza" rating, but that's not saying much, for us.

I know, there's no accounting for taste, so I'm sure none of you will take it personally.

Yes, the meats were tasty. The crust was pretty good.

But there was just too much cheese.

Look, I'm a basic NYC-type of pizza fan. Not that much cheese or sauce, and preferably coal-fired (which is not allowed for new restaurants there, but a bunch are grandfathered, or grandmothered, in, and which takes about three minutes to cook a pie).

This is about what it should look like (IMO, of course):
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish

My riding buddy and I have made, over the years, multiple bike runs to Gotham -- about 150 miles south of us -- specifically to try different pizza places (which is a tough job, because some of these places only serve whole pies, not slices). And my wife and I have frequented some of the same places when we've found ourselves in the city, too. And a time or two with grandkids.

For instance, I've eaten at all of these places at least once:

And we've ridden to CT a few times, to sample some of Pepe's places (order.pepespizzeria.com/), which is a little bit different style.

So, yeah, our loss or something, but my wife and I agreed that we probably won't be buying some more of the HRI pies.

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
I was waiting for wspollack to offer up another amazing write up !
It was everything I imagined it would be….

but I love cheese …. just got 3x 2lbs blocks of Sharp Cheddar for $1.55 a pound thanks to Store Loyalty Game. They say cheese hits the same buttons in the brain as heroin … but can’t confirm due to aversion to needles.

Another Cheesy Fact…. It take 10 pounds of milk (1.25 gallons) to make 1 pound of cheese.

·
Administrator
18,063 Posts
......................................................................................................................
Another Cheesy Fact…. It take 10 pounds of milk (1.25 gallons) to make 1 pound of cheese.
Unless you are talking KRAFT cheese. :poop: : puke :

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Unless you are talking KRAFT cheese. :poop: : puke :
The real yuk is Cheese Whiz…..some say they prefer it on their Philly Steak sandwich but I prefer Provolone.

The average American eats more than 27 pounds of cheese each year–30% more than 10 years ago–and will consume about a ton of cheese during a lifetime!

• > 10 pounds of whole milk to make one pound of cheese.
  • > 12 pounds of whole milk to make one pound of ice cream.
  • > 21.2 pounds of whole milk to make one pound of butter.

There are approximately 340 to 350 squirts in a gallon of milk. Thank goodness milking machines were invented in 1865!

·
Administrator
18,063 Posts
When I was on Yasgur's farm, Max Yasgur bet me, a long hair Hippy boy from the city, that I could not milk his stubborn cow. I did.

He, along with 20 other farmers, bakers, butchers donated food, cheese and milk to Woodstock. Almost 53 years later and the memorys are still great.

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
“Almost 53 years later and the memorys are still great.’’

Shout Out to My Dear Ol’ Mom … Mary O !
She drove me around Columbus, Ohio one Saturday looking for a pair of leather hippy moccasins for me to start 3rd grade in.

“And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for
don't ask me I don't give a ****, next stop is Viet Nam
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die….”

·
Administrator
18,063 Posts
Yes the MUD!!! Lot of rain catching in anything that would hold water. The food for the people always ran out but but when 'Wavy Gravy' and his group 'The Hog Farm' showed up it helped a lot.

As a staff worker I had fare amount of food and water and a dry place to sleep. You could never escape the 'POT' smell and the body odor. There was not any water for bathing. A few people drank water from the couple ponds on the farm and got sick.

But this is thread drifting again.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Yes the MUD!!! Lot of rain catching in anything that would hold water. The food for the people always ran out but but when 'Wavy Gravy' and his group 'The Hog Farm' showed up it helped a lot.

As a staff worker I had fare amount of food and water and a dry place to sleep. You could never escape the 'POT' smell and the body odor. There was not any water for bathing. A few people drank water from the couple ponds on the farm and got sick.

But this is thread drifting again.
From a colorful past...psychedelico_O

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Home Run Frozen Pizza. Chicago made since the 1940's. Up to about 7.49 but all are right around 2lbs each best sausage in the business, and a hearty crust like no other.
The USDA also announced a recall on Sunday after metal pieces were possibly found in “Home Runn Inn” frozen meat pizza.

The company, based in Illinois, recalled over 13,000 pounds of Chicago’s Premium Pizzeria Deluxe Sausage Classic Pizza, which were made on June 6. 2022 and have a “Best When Used By” of December 3, 2022.

Consumers who have purchased the pizza are advised not to eat them and to throw them away or return it back to the place where they purchased it.

No injuries to consumers of the pizza have been reported so far, according to the USDA, as of the August 14 press release.

“Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Nick Perrino, COO of Home Run Inn Frozen Foods, at 630-783-9696, ext. 2151,” the website reads.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
The USDA also announced a recall on Sunday after metal pieces were possibly found in “Home Runn Inn” frozen meat pizza.

The company, based in Illinois, recalled over 13,000 pounds of Chicago’s Premium Pizzeria Deluxe Sausage Classic Pizza, which were made on June 6. 2022 and have a “Best When Used By” of December 3, 2022.

Consumers who have purchased the pizza are advised not to eat them and to throw them away or return it back to the place where they purchased it.

No injuries to consumers of the pizza have been reported so far, according to the USDA, as of the August 14 press release.

“Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Nick Perrino, COO of Home Run Inn Frozen Foods, at 630-783-9696, ext. 2151,” the website reads.
Healthy Pizza with minerals :)

81 - 100 of 100 Posts