Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
Doing a shopping for our next Family Reunion, I seen Wagyu Porterhouse steaks sell for over $45 a pound if bought in a 100 pound lot. Kobe was $65. They are getting OskerMeyer Tube Steaks.

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
In 1998 I joined in silent partnership with 2 friends in a Soup, Chips and Sandwich shop, no fried food. My initial startup invest was $20,000 and in the first 3 years I was getting a 8-12% return on my dollar but then 9/11 happened and the profits have gone away.

In 2005 I had to share the costs of a walkin refrig retro, $5,000.

So, in the 24 years I have received back about $6,000 in "FREE" soup and sandwiches. The two guys still run the shop with 1 helper. They are only opened for 4 hours 5 days a week and always have regular Boeing worker customers. The profit take each year is about 3-4% split 3 ways but I just let it ride into the maintenance fund.

Customers pay $15.50 for a thick Corned Beef brisket sandwich, coleslaw, baked beans or soup. The costs to make 1 sandwich is about $7-8, then overhead like rent, electric, insurance, parking space rent, taxes, health insurance.....

We have talked a lot about closing it down at a huge loss. Overhead is too high compared to 1998.

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
Don't forget the 'Beano'

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
Could you give a link to the Cassoulet Recipe ?

I just confirmed I can use chicken vs duck and I just happen to have some duck fat and cannellini beans.
I use 4 to 6 split Game Hens. I like mine more soupy so I add 1 cup more water with 'Better than Boulian' Ham. I also add corse chopped Swiss Chard or Collard Greens.

Reactions: DarisPakar

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
We should steer this back to Arby's. (No pun intended)

Reactions: wspollack

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
Maybe "Hot Pockets" will come out with a Cubano. 2 minutes in the Nukavator.

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
First half of my (current) life was food fried or loaded with LARD. Mom fried taters and chicken in it. US Army Mess Hall used a lot. My Cholesterol and Triglycerides were over 300 and 600. It has been removed from my diet, along with Liverwurst and other high cholesterol foods. I compensate by drinking more beer. I always have a half rack of Rainier Beer around just in case MikeyM shows up.

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
......................................................................................................................
Another Cheesy Fact…. It take 10 pounds of milk (1.25 gallons) to make 1 pound of cheese.
Unless you are talking KRAFT cheese. :poop: : puke :

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
When I was on Yasgur's farm, Max Yasgur bet me, a long hair Hippy boy from the city, that I could not milk his stubborn cow. I did.

He, along with 20 other farmers, bakers, butchers donated food, cheese and milk to Woodstock. Almost 53 years later and the memorys are still great.

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
Yes the MUD!!! Lot of rain catching in anything that would hold water. The food for the people always ran out but but when 'Wavy Gravy' and his group 'The Hog Farm' showed up it helped a lot.

As a staff worker I had fare amount of food and water and a dry place to sleep. You could never escape the 'POT' smell and the body odor. There was not any water for bathing. A few people drank water from the couple ponds on the farm and got sick.

But this is thread drifting again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts