Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Help me with this one, can't get it?
To be remembered for inventing Fowl Bacon ……but I do luv a good Smoked Turkey.

Bread is generally cheaper than cheese and meats.

Best deal now is a Papa Murphy’s $6.00 Cheese Fave Take N Bake
With Costco Carver Ham Slab, Kalamata Olives, French Dried Mushrooms, Onions and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning ,crushed red peppers and Parmesan Cheese ….Just a tad under $10.

They used to say that a cigarette takes 20 mins off …. heck I should of died 145 cartons ago.

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I tried the arby's burger last nite, better than bk mcD wendys or checkers
I just had the Bacon Ranch and I found the Bacon exceptional …but I wish the Burger had the BK Char …. I would of not been able to guess that I was eating Wagyu .. my wife on the other hand ate all of hers and asked for a bite of mine …. which never happens.

You don’t want to eat this burger while driving make sure you’re at a table with plenty of napkins.

One meal deal and a 2nd burger was just shy of $22.

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
On topic, in the news today.
5 Fast-Food Sandwich Chains Customers Are Flocking To (msn.com)

I said I was going to try it and didn't. My wife made dinner. Wow, $22 bucks for fast food? I guess this is the new norm. I have to try it now and weigh in, sometime this weekend.
$21.?? was for two burgers, one curly fry and one cheap lemonade.

When they handed me the bag I thought it was light but it did fill the two of us up.
We always go to Arby’s during Lent for their $4 fish sandwiches …. I’ve not found better for the money.

Make sure to get Bacon on you burger ….. It was the best bacon I’ve ever tasted … I went to their menu to see if they had a BLT … but couldn’t find ….so I’m gonna try their Chicken Salad or Chicken Warp with Bacon.

P.S. when they ask you if you want any sauce’s ask for a handful of their Horsy Sauce. It make’s a pot roast sandwich come alive.

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Great idea with the sauce, making a crock pot Roast this weekend. (y)
Stinks up the whole house real nice 😬

Have you tried an Insta-Pot pressure cooker yet ? I’m not much into kitchen gadgets but the “IP” makes cooking easy and keeps the kitchen cool. I have the Crock-Pot labeled one and it’s just as good. You can actually season and sear the meat first then deglaze the pot and create a robust au jus with a finished meal in 45 min.

Don’t get me wrong …. I was an Honorary Member of the Round Rock Crock Potters but the “IP” is a game changer.

Snag one off Amazon and try it for 29 days.

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Last summer I went to Five Guys for lunch, while out riding. They are normally the best burger you can get at a chain... at least around here. I got a large soda, large fries, and a "regular" burger (which is two patties).

$25 and change. That was about $10 more than what I was used to paying there for that same meal.

I haven't been back, since.

I can't even imagine what that would have cost in somewhere like Chicago or DC!
I try to break free from the chains and support the Mom & Pops but the real estate prices and rents have pushed ‘em out around here. I just had a Sunday Lunch Indian Buffet and talked to a friend of the owner as we smoked cigs outside ….the owner was paying $17k per month rent and the guy I was talking to pays $7k monthly rent for his Halal Meat Shop & Grocery with a $1,500 monthly electric bill.

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
But I'm going to have him addicted to Authentic Mexican before that, I know a great Mexican place halfway between us..."meet and eat" soon. (no snails)
You gotta try an Insta-pot for Carnitas and Carne Gasada …. you’ll still want to put the Carnitas under the Broiler for a couple minutes to get the edges charred. 🥰

Just picked up a boneless pork loin for under $1.50 a pound at costco. I smoke mine and slice for sandwiches …. You ever had a Cubano Sandwich from Tampa ? That’s the True Tampa Jewel.

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
We tried it for lunch today, no complaints. We prefer our local family restaurant/diner, owned and run by two Geek family's that know and love quality food. I can't get away from their burgers and toasted buns. If that place is open, one of the owners is always there seeing to things and hamming it up with the customers. Again, no complaints for fast food.
You never leave a Greek Restaurant Hungry …. I worked a summer for Greek Restauranteurs in Athens, Ohio while going to college. They were always closed on Sunday’s and they would invite me for Sunday Lunch … they would laugh when I would nap under the shade tree with a full belly. Those were the Days my Friend

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I use 4 split Game Hens. I like mine more soupy so I add 1 cup more water with 'Better than Boulian' Ham. I also add Swiss Chard or Collard Greens.
I do like the presentation of Cornish Hens …I was getting two for $5 and would spatchcock and smoke ‘em and my dinner guests were amazed. The addition of greens and Beano will make my wife happy. 😂

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
You might have a nice rainy day, you're in the mood for some comfort food and wine...that's what I'm looking forward to at this point in Phoenix.
Another Plug for Fast Food Winners….Popeyes Red Beans and Rice.

In this heat…a big pitcher of fortified Sangria with ice.

While reading I kept thinking …French…French Creole Gumbo which made me dig in that direction :

From Chef Emeril Lagasse

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
@DarisPakar Yup, I have had Cuban Sammiches.. SWMBO grew up in Miami, & schooled me a bit, then went to a local shop that sells 'em, & got schooled on 'em some more by the owner who's from Cuba by way of Miami. Do ya put genoa salami on 'em in the true Tampa style, or do ya do 'em Miami style? Gotta have the right bread to be just right is one thing I learned as well.

Bravo ! you are a Foodie Extraordinaire…. Thanks for your diligent research on the Arby’s Burger and your previous research of the Cubano.

You are right as to the bread …Pan Cubano

“At your first glance, this bread looks like ordinary bread. However, it has two characteristics that make it a lot different. The key ingredient is the lard, which makes it really soft. The second thing is that a palm leaf is traditionally used to make the split down the loaf.”

I’ve eaten both with and without Genoa Salami and both have left me with a happy porky smile.

As to Genoa Salami and the Gulf Coast…. Let us now talk of the sandwich that’s “Big as a Human Head” ….. I present you the New Orlean:
Food Sandwich Ingredient Fast food Staple food

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
A Resounding Yes ! Tromper ……Viva la’ Jambon-beurre .

Living in a land of plenty can easily transport one to the edge of excess ….
the Jambon-beurre returns us back to the beauty of simplicity with an eye and taste for quality…..that no magic sauce can replace.

I luv European Hotels and their breakfast bars…. some with typical American standards but most have a meat, cheese board with Hard Rolls and basket of individual butters… eat a good breakfast but pack a couple Hard Roll Sammy’s and a orange for the 10 a.m. Fungries to hold you over to lunch.

If you ever get close make sure to swing into The Montreal Grand Central Train Station and experience a Foodie Heaven but start with the humble Jambon-beurre.

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Pizza Alert 🚨

Chef Boyarde 6x2 Pizza Kits $3.08 … no pepperoni just crust mix and sauce.
(may or may not come with the granular cheese mine did not.)
$0.26 a pizza or $0.52 for a large and then your toppings.

I order 3 back in March just got today….heavy heavy box.

🚨Caution….this was the gateway drug to my pizza addiction.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts