Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally haven't used a 1/4 gallon of gasoline for over a week now. It was hard to resist taking my daily 100-150 mile motorcycle jaunts at first, but now I don't miss it at all. I've barely touched my car or truck too. I'm bicycling everywhere now. My minimum daily bicycle mileage is 5 miles to the library in the morning, and 10 miles to the gym in the afternoon I sometimes add another 10 miles on top of that to go to the marina in the evening. Bicycling isn't going to make me any richer (or poorer), but it can make me a better person physically and mentally. I urge you to try bicycling, if you're physically able.

My wife requires her car for part of her daily workday commute, and to run her errands between NJ and NYC. She's happy to bicycle with me on the weekends though.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Bicycling is a very good thing. Not only is it good for you as a person but it is also friendly to the environment. I have to be honest and say I haven't bicycled as much as I should. However, the rear rim on my bike (pictured below - Trek Navigator 100: ~320$) was bent very badly by my 14 year old this summer. I had my spoke wrench on it for three hours the other night and I failed to get it trued out. I have to buy a new rim. (This is the 2nd one he has managed to bend beyond spoke wrench territory :? ) However - i must say that I DESTROYED bike rims when I was his age too!! :wink:

Yes people - take a bicycle if it's only a mile or so (or 10 8) !)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts