Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I'm used to keeping the seat open on my last scooter. Will this run down the battery since there's a little light in the Burgman? Or will it time out?
2. That entire mechanism under the front of the seat, appears to be an assist for opening the seat, some kind of spring loaded strut? What does it do? Mine doesn't appear to be doing anything. Is it supposed to automatically open the seat, or something?
3. I want to totally remove the windscreen. But want to know, first, if it will ruin the aesthetics of the front....as in, will it leave visible a bunch of bolts, holes, bracket,..or will it look fine?
4. Where can I find a shop manual for this bike? All I see are manuals for the bigger Burgmans.
Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't think there is a time out for the seat light. I took the bulb out on mine when I had the plastic and trunk out, doing valve check. The switch is a plunger right at the front of the seat. You may find a way to disable the switch. I kind of like the spring which holds the seat up, more so than a shock strut you see on a lot of scooters. It doesn't raise the seat, just keeps it open when up.
As to removing the windscreen. I answered that someplace in another thread, but yes it looks fine. The plastic front coverers all the windscreen mounting holes, and removing the windscreen does reduce noise, and makes the whole scooter more stable in wind and traffic turbulence, especially from trucks. I found with my 6 ft plus height and the upright riding position, a lot of arm strain above 55 mph, so I put the screen back on. Always ride with ear plugs anyway. With the windscreen off it looks a lot like the Honda Forza 300. I also found that Suzuki makes a sport screen for a sport model UH125/200 that was never imported into the USA, it can be bought for overseas sites.

Art

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there is a time out for the seat light. I took the bulb out on mine when I had the plastic and trunk out, doing valve check. The switch is a plunger right at the front of the seat. You may find a way to disable the switch. I kind of like the spring which holds the seat up, more so than a shock strut you see on a lot of scooters. It doesn't raise the seat, just keeps it open when up.
As to removing the windscreen. I answered that someplace in another thread, but yes it looks fine. The plastic front coverers all the windscreen mounting holes, and removing the windscreen does reduce noise, and makes the whole scooter more stable in wind and traffic turbulence, especially from trucks. I found with my 6 ft plus height and the upright riding position, a lot of arm strain above 55 mph, so I put the screen back on. Always ride with ear plugs anyway. With the windscreen off it looks a lot like the Honda Forza 300. I also found that Suzuki makes a sport screen for a sport model UH125/200 that was never imported into the USA, it can be bought for overseas sites.

Art
Thanks again, Art,..ok, windscreen coming off this weekend, just as a trial. Hey, the seat is much better for me now that I've put strips of anti-slip tape on it, I don't have to scoot back all the time now. I guess my only other big complaint...the vibrations during 1700 rpm idling in hot traffic, I'll just have to get used to. Yuck. I'm taking off 2 stars for that. And, yep, I use earplugs, like you. But that low "thump thump thump" at idle goes right through my skull. Maybe it's normal for most folks, but I got spoiled by my super-smooth Honda 200 Twinstar (2 cylinders, carb, air cooled). I thought having liquid cooling would be the cat's meow for vibration-free quietude--Boy was I wrong. Well, at least this Suzuki is nice and smooth while it's moving.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is there no switch to turn the light off then?

I have a 650 and know nothing about the 200's particulars. I was just wondering about the light because the 650 has a selector switch on it and it seems weird that suzuki would bother making a different light housing for each one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I also own a 2020 Burg 200 and I don't understand why they didn't install an on & off switch for the underseat light. My Burg 400s had the switch which I always kept in the "off" position. I no longer ride at night so I don't need an underseat light. I keep my scooter on a Battery Tender all the time except when I'm riding it but I still pay close attention to make sure that I've closed the seat so it's properly latched and thus, turned the light off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
When I owned a Honda Silverwing the general rule was to remove the underseat light bulb, and store a small flashlight under there. (The switch could leave the light on sometimes). The B400 manual on/off is a luxury now?
Maybe Suzuki will add it to an optional extras list ($$$$);)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
1. I'm used to keeping the seat open on my last scooter. Will this run down the battery since there's a little light in the Burgman? Or will it time out?
2. That entire mechanism under the front of the seat, appears to be an assist for opening the seat, some kind of spring loaded strut? What does it do? Mine doesn't appear to be doing anything. Is it supposed to automatically open the seat, or something?
3. I want to totally remove the windscreen. But want to know, first, if it will ruin the aesthetics of the front....as in, will it leave visible a bunch of bolts, holes, bracket,..or will it look fine?
4. Where can I find a shop manual for this bike? All I see are manuals for the bigger Burgmans.
Thanks!
1. Don't do that. Yes it will. No it won't time out. Battery hatch is under the rubber mat on the right floorboard -- the mat peels up fairly easily.
2. It's just a coiled spring. It'll hold the seat open once it's raised to that position -- or at least it should, unless something's really wrong (it seems pretty foolproof but you never know).
3. There will be a gap between the body panel strip above the headlights and the dashboard. I've swapped windshields on mine (a 2016 but they're all pretty much the same) before, but it was long enough ago that I'd probably have to dismantle it again to give instructions that I'd be absolutely sure wouldn't lead to accidental breakage.
4. Maybe a Suzuki dealer can order one for you?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Is there no switch to turn the light off then?

I have a 650 and know nothing about the 200's particulars. I was just wondering about the light because the 650 has a selector switch on it and it seems weird that suzuki would bother making a different light housing for each one.
The light in the 200 is set into the rear wall of the under-seat bucket, not attached to the underside of the seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts