Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a trailer hitch on my 650... easy... I put the harness on for the trailer lightsI was testing the system out on every step... after I finished the wiring harness,,, I started up the Burg and all was well... When I started to button up the rear tupperware,,, I took care with the wiring but something got crossed up getting the Burg ready for a test ride... I have headlights but nothing else... no digital dash,,, no tail lights,,, no starter ,,, nothing...
Anybody got any ideas??? and all the fuses are ok... got to be something simple...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
First thought the fuses under the seat or behind the air filter cover to the left of the glove box. No trailer is connected right?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Your first check should be the battery connections then report back here. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The first thing you should do is check the work you did to make sure you did not short something out. Whenever there is a problem right after working on something the best place to look is where you worked on it. You might try undoing whatever you did to see if that solves the problem.

Bill

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
You have probably blown the signal fuse. Likely there is a short somewhere in the wiring you added.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buffalo said:
You have probably blown the signal fuse. Likely there is a short somewhere in the wiring you added.
you are correct Buffalo... I looked at the fuse and it looked OK... but the ohm meter said open... That will teach me to ohm out a fuse instead of looking at it...

Thanks a lot... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
A 2003 must be different from a 2007, because on a 2007 the headlights are supplied through fuse 5 "signal" as well as their own hi/low fuse (US) or left/right (European version)

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
Buffalo said:
RussL said:
you are correct Buffalo... I looked at the fuse and it looked OK... but the ohm meter said open... That will teach me to ohm out a fuse instead of looking at it... Thanks a lot... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
The fuses will sometimes look good but a test light probe's tip in the little exposed area on the top of a fuse will let you know too. Look at the 15 AMP fuse in this Wiki link for the two exposed areas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Elect ... e_type.svg

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Bill-Bill said:
The first thing you should do is check the work you did to make sure you did not short something out. Whenever there is a problem right after working on something the best place to look is where you worked on it. You might try undoing whatever you did to see if that solves the problem.

Bill
+1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts