Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my scooter used a few weeks ago and didn't get much chance to use it yet.

I knew the guy told me he installed a 2008 clutch (it is a 2007 burgman), but not much more.

I have been reading this forum a lot recently and I was almost convinced that I wanted to install dr. pulley sliders, sooner or later. Then I went for several miles on the freeway and I realized I was at 75mph (indicated) at about 5400rmp!!!

I came home and sent an email to the prev owner. I turns out I already have the sliders (19g)! Yay!

Still have limited statistics on gas mileage. So far it says 60mpg. I am 160lbs and the tires are at 32psi. Should I inflate them a little more? My commute will be mostly freeway. I have stock in the rear and diablo in the front.

Also, the front tire is brand new. How careful should I be in the turns? Is it really that bad?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Some say It's recommended to "break in" the tires before ride them hard but im sure others will disagree.

Open the seat trunk and check below the light, there is an sticker which shows the recommended PSI for solo and with passenger.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Sounds like the guy you bought it from knew what he was doing. That rpm & speed sound about right as I had the same thing in my 07 when I owned it. Most 400 fuel read out is 4 -5 mpg low & speedo is 10% high. Only true way is to fuel up the same way & hand figure it out. I averaged just over 64 mpg over the 46k+ miles I put on mine. As far as psi goes I ran 34-36 in mine & got on average 18k miles on the front tire. I had the cheapest cost per mile out of the Diablos. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I will will start commuting from next monday and I will have more data.

I will probably do the first week at 32psi, record fuel consumption and then go try to increase to 34 and see what happens

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I never found the psi to effect the mpg just tread life & wear. At lower air pressure on front that tire would start to cup after awhile. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really? strange. In a bicycle it makes a huge difference. My legs are witness to that. You can feel going from 85 to 90psi

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello Mike,
Did you run 34-36 in both the front AND rear tires on your 400? If so, I will have to try hat. I run 30 front now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts