Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
18,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got all my gear on, computer and stuff in trunk. Got on the bike, hit the starter and it fires up like normal with the normal dash light bulb checks. Then I noticed that my headlights were dead. Went to high beam, back to low's but both dead. Fingered the "Flash to pass" Yellow button and my highs came on. WTH??? Then... "Oh", rattled on the starter button and Buttabing, lights.

Looks like I have to spend some time cleaning my switch.

Man, 53,000miles of riding in all sorts of wet weather and this is the first sign of trouble.

·
Administrator
18,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. But if it had not been for reading B-USA for these 8 years, I would not have known the starter switch is a common fault. ;)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Yeah. But if it had not been for reading B-USA for these 8 years, I would not have known the starter switch is a common fault. ;)

Very true ! B-USA real great, learn so much here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Careful with the spray. I had been hearing my mechaning hinting me not to use it, but I tought I was smarter and bought a contact cleaner for the "mirrors" button on the 650. Spray outside the switchbox the effect was catastrophic. It actually melted the dirty which flushed down the switch and if it was a little bit hard before, it went nearly completely blocked in either position making me panic. At that point I noticed the two screws and opened the handle (it splits in half quite easy unscrewing the 2 screws). Once opened I could understand how the locking mechanism work, and clean it properly. Closed it back again and cleaned around the blue button with a tissue and lubrificant spray over. Alternating lubrificant and contact cleaner passes with the tissue, it went perfectly. But never, never never the spray directly over the buttons no more. As always, the mechanic knows his job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts