Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

I got the 2012 Executive!

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  cmn1771 
#1 ·
I have previously owned 2006 and 2007 burg 650's . went to the vstrom, and majesty 400 for a while but am now back to the burgman 650. i traded in the majesty 400. it was a great scooter, just not enough power.

wow this new burgman is really improved since the 2007 i had. i dont remember it being as smooth as this one. the suspension is better and the idle is much smoother, its much more quiet . the seat is better also.

also i noticed that its easier to roll in neutral on the garage floor than the old one.

heres the funny thing: i use to have terrible buffeting on the 2006/2007 burgs. even with the givi windshields. but with this executive, it doesnt matter whether the shield is up or down, i have hardly any buffeting! i went 100 miles today witht the shield in down position and was very comfy.

question: where are you guys mounting your GPS? suggestions appreciated. pics too please!

heres my new machine...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
peelbrow said:
What a beautiful looking bike! That's the colour I would have had I the choice. Here's how I mount my satnav.
I LOL when i got back from my ride and saw this. the reason that i laughed is because i did the same thing this morning!!! i had an old ram ball mount laying around so i thought "hey ill just zip tie this to the brake reservoir!" except i used the right side reservoir, LOL. worked like a charm and costs nothing.

-matt

#6 ·
im loving being back on the burg. cant stop for gas without someone approaching and wanting to chat about the burg. one guy said he thought i was a cop, LOL. i wear a hi viz green vest when i ride and he thought for sure i was some sort of law enforcement, LOL.

i have alittle ritual that i do with every burgman iv had. i put bmw roundel badges on them! just a funny little joke i enjoy. thats why i prefer my burgmans in white. those bmw roundles look sharp on a white bike. ill post pics when i do it.

heres an old pic of my first burg with the bmw badge...theres also one on the back and other side, LOL!!!!

-matt

#8 ·
heres me on the new executive just hours after buying it on saturday. some friends of mine were having a moto gymkhana. so i decided to go lean around some cones! it was good practice and skills building. i recommend this to all. dont duck walk your bike when u dont have to!!! learn the secret to slow speed maneuvers without putting your feet down.

#9 ·
Congrats! I just picked up one a few weeks ago just like it. First Burg and I love it. Added 3brothers backrest, cup holder from another burg rider off eBay, laminar lip and top trunk. It's now the perfect motorcycle! All day riding comfort, great range, great gas mileage, plent of power and tons of storage.

#10 ·
cmn1771 said:
peelbrow said:
What a beautiful looking bike! That's the colour I would have had I the choice. Here's how I mount my satnav.
I LOL when i got back from my ride and saw this. the reason that i laughed is because i did the same thing this morning!!! i had an old ram ball mount laying around so i thought "hey ill just zip tie this to the brake reservoir!" except i used the right side reservoir, LOL. worked like a charm and costs nothing.

-matt
Now tha is an idea. I have a gps/phone mount from one of my other bikes that clamps to the handlebars. I might be able to just strap it that way too.

#11 ·
CMN.. retracted mirrors during the rally for balance.. or just because you could?.... I ride all the time through a town very near me that is adestination for a ton of riders (Plymouth, MA.. the rock, the boat and the bars after all...) and I will admit that I have retracted my mirrors there instead of the "wave"... it get's their attention for sure..

#12 ·
Noth said:
CMN.. retracted mirrors during the rally for balance.. or just because you could?.... I ride all the time through a town very near me that is adestination for a ton of riders (Plymouth, MA.. the rock, the boat and the bars after all...) and I will admit that I have retracted my mirrors there instead of the "wave"... it get's their attention for sure..
3 reasons for the folded mirrors....God forbid i dropped the bike i wanted to save the mirrors. also the course had narrow areas to simulate lane splitting. last, because i could, lol. i was showing off all the buttons to everyone!

ill have to try that waving with the mirrors thing! :thumbup:

#13 ·
Congrats on the new Burgy. I've been looking at GPS mounts for mine lately, thinking one of those RAM mounts would be nice but in the short tern I may use something I already have kinda like peelbrow did.

#15 ·
MJR said:
Congrats on the new Burgy. I've been looking at GPS mounts for mine lately, thinking one of those RAM mounts would be nice but in the short tern I may use something I already have kinda like peelbrow did.
I had a bunch of RAM mount stuff.. a TomTom Rider 2, a camera mount, cupholder and so on.. so I bought the reservoir cover from Motorcycle Larry.. easy to install.. and works like it's supposed to.. http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.ph ... x&cPath=65

#16 ·
another thing i noticed different about the 2012 vs. the 2007...

when idling on the center stand the rear wheel doesnt spin. the 2007 did. the 2007 would spin til the engine warmed and the idle went down.

the 2007 would feel like a little lunge when first cranking it. but the 2012 sit perfectly still.

the 2012 seat feels taller, and that annoying downward slope at my tail bone isnt there.

#17 ·
so, im nearing 6 months of ownership on this 2012 burgman 650 exec. like I said, iv had 2 others prior. a 2006 and a 2007. but they were not executives.

im loving this one more than any bike ever! iv sold my Vstrom and now I just have this bike. its all I could ever need or want. iv been thru many bikes but always come back to the burgman 650. I like the body style better on this one than the 2013 so that why I didn't wait. I just prefer the classic look to the edgy one.

I rode the burgman all winter. all the wind and weather protection it provides was the reason I used it over the Vstrom all winter. so I just determined that the vstrom was just sitting and not being used, might as well sell it and make some money.

im home recovering from thyroid surgery at the moment, but cant wait to get back on the burg and ride. looking back, every burgman iv had was ridden more than the other bikes. its just so easy to get on it and go and do errands if needed while out.

heres a pic. I badged it with bmw roundels. LOL. I do this with all the burgmans, LOL

Attachments

#19 ·
I wanna do that with either a Ford or Toyota...

#21 ·
Nice to have colour coordinated bike and house. :thumbup:

I have just ordered 100 gallons of silver paint and the house is getting it when the weather warms up. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.