Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No way was I going to ride to a meeting 19 miles away! I must be getting soft. After all it was only 27 degrees F and I've ridden much farther in colder weather - heated seats, grips, socks and jacket can make almost any sunny weather rideable. It was sunny, something rare in the aftermath of Sandy. When I arrived a Harley Softail was parked there! A Harley and it was below freezing! When I met the rider, a guy about my age, I felt a bit chagrined. Aren't Harley only ridden in warm weather?! In this weather, they're supposed to be in the garage (they're not called "garage queens" for nothing after all).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not all Harley owners are posers that only have their bikes for butt jewelry, some actually ride them a lot.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I just got my Burgman 400 but I have ridden BMWs for years. On our weekly ride about 3 weeks ago, the temperature was just below freezing and we decided to ride 50 miles through the mountains for breakfast at Shatley Springs (http://www.shatleysprings.com/). I wasn't surprised that four of us showed up for the ride on BMWs but I was surprised that 2 Harleys also joined our little group. I sat behind my fairing with my heated grips and heated seat on and was fine. The 2 Harley riders got very cold but stuck with us and made the trip without complaining.

ps. I'm 65 and the baby of the group with a couple in their upper 70s.

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
did you check for frost on the seat to see if it had been left there overnight ?

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
did you check for frost on the seat to see if it had been left there overnight ?
Or just rolled out of the inclosed trailer parked in the back lot. :twisted:

I followed a 30 foot inclosed trailer one day to one of the local watering holes when I was going to the auto parts store next building over. After I paid I noticed they were unloading about 6 fully dressed bikes and rolling them up to the front. It sure looked like they had all ridden up and parked.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. It was ridden in then. This morning, at 33 degrees, a Road King rolled up (not out of a trailer) outside of the restaurant where I was having breakfast. Of course, the rider had to wait several minutes before he could go to the rest room. I asked him if he had to let it thaw first. He just laughed.

This afternoon I encountered a Valkrye rider all bundled up and he told me he rides all winter. It was 43 degrees and a cold wind was blowing.

None of these were posers and I did feel challenged yet again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts