Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after 2 days of traveling, we put 1448 miles on hubby's truck. I am beat. We got home after dark last night and it was cold but I couldn't just put the scooter in the garage. I backed up and looked over and Billy and took off down the road. It will take some getting use to but I am sure I will be fine once that happens. Not use to the delay before taking off. I tried to pull the clutch in coming up to a stop and I tell you what. I stopped way too early. Glad it was dark and no one could see. :oops:
The headlights are great. Having trouble seeing in the dark and all, I was worried because on the Volusia, I could not ride at night due to the headlight. I won't have any trouble with the 400.
I pulled in the driveway and went to put it up and Billy was standing there with his jacket on and wanted his turn. lol. He likes it too.

So if you don't see me online for a day or two, I'm out playing. :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
My guess is we'll see a few posts over then next couple of days. When I first got my 400, I had to post about my 'new toy'. Don't worry about the clutch thing Nancy, you'll adjust to being 'clutchless' quickly.

Tell Billy if he wants to ride ... to get his own Burgman. :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Congrats on the 400. I did the same thing pulling out of the dealership I bought it from, luckley I didn't tip it. It took a day or so (300 miles in my case), before it was a non issue.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Nancy - congrats on the new scoot, sounds and interesting trip (tell us more about that).

At least you can get out and ride yours :cry:

Have fun and stay safe. :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seatec- come on down. it's going to be in the uppers 60's next week.

bill - I won't get to ride except on weekends. I should be out riding right now however I need to do a few things first.

Jim - I adapted to the volusia really easy so I hope this is a snap. We are going on a good ride tomorrow.

Norman - nothing too special about the trip. We left at 7 cst and got to Florida around 8:30 est so it was a 12 1/2 hour trip. The trip home was shorter. My guess is that we didn't stop in Louisiana this time, we had fewer potty breaks (which by the way, Florida and Alabama have very nice rest stop restrooms. Louisiana's weren't so hot, neither are the ones in Texas)and didn't have to wait in traffic leaving Florida however we got home in about 11 hours. A police man pulled up behind us in Florida while we were getting gas. He was pretty impressed with it. OH!! There was this one truck on the way home that passed us and the passenger about broke his neck trying to look at it. All I could do was laugh. My back hurts and my knees hurt. That company truck of Billy's was very uncomfortable. I call it the back breaker. Interstate 10 is very boring. It was pretty much a straight shot there. Long straight shot.

So, now I'm off to do what I need to do and go take pictures. :lol:
I took 2 cameras with me and didn't take a single picture. :?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Neck Breakers.

If you think that passenger in the car looking at your new ride was funny, wait until you get the Burgie on the open road. People will do double takes as you keep up with the big bikes. Have a ball!
:D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Good News! Enjoy your new ride. Oh and the clutch thing......I did it also the first time I pulled into the driveway.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Congratulations on your 400! and on the warm weather. It is 11f out here right now, just a bit too cold to ride!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Yippee!

I'm happy for you...and also jealous! It will be at least a month or two before mine is on the road...

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
It may take a bit before it's on the road. But it'll certainly be worth the wait. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts