Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what's going on, but after I switch from, say, General Discussion, to the 650 section, I have to log in all over again.

Also, after I post (it posts OK), I get logged out. I keep checking the Log me in box, but it's to no avail.

This just started a couple of days ago. Prior to that I would stay logged in for days at a time.

I'm not paranoid, honest. But there does seem to be a rejection theme here. Listen, I like Canada. I'd like to live there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's still doing it. It seems to have settled down to posting. If I just browse around, I stay logged in. However, when I do a post, it logs me out.

This is vicious and discriminatory and a blatant attempt to abridge free speech.

PS: I've got that German firewall, ZoneAlarm (boy, does it work, haven't had a pop-up since I downloaded it) but I fail to see why it would affect posting. I don't have this problem of getting logged out on any of the other forums I belong to.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ted,

It would be very easy to see if your ZoneAlarm is the culprit. Shut it down. Enter the forum, and try a post. If you still get booted, then it is something else...

I run ZoneAlarm (the free version) and it isn't bothering anything. But I use a different program for pop-up suppression. It sounds like you might be running the Pro version. So we are probably comparing an apple to a banana here, even though they were grown in the same orchard. It is definitely a suspect until you shut it down and try the forum activity without it.

If it isn't ZoneAlarm doing it, look for something else you have running, like a Virus Scanner. Same steps. Shut down & try posting. Its a good bet that it is something you are running, since you are the only one so far who has mentioned this problem.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ted,

One other thing. You weren't originally having the problem. You do know approximately when the problem started. Think. What did you add/change/upgrade on your PC at that time? Possible good clue there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion, pauljo.

The problem began about a week ago. Prior to that time I not only would stay logged on as I switched from different topics, but would be automatically logged on when I visited the site, sometime for days at a time.

You're right, I have the pro version of ZoneAlarm and a virus hunter called Spy Hunter. However, the latter doesn't do anything until you tell it to do a scan.

I'll try shutting the firewall down and see what happens.

A separate issue is getting timed out and not being able to access the site at all (last night, for example). But that's a problem others are having as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! It appears ZoneAlarm was the culprit. I disabled it and was able to switch from one discussion topic to another and post in the bargain and never got logged off. Just now I exited BurgmanUSA, waited a few minutes, returned, and was still logged on.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ted,

Good deal! You might be able to tinker with your ZoneAlarm settings. For instance, if it is the pop-up suppression feature that is causing the problem, you could just disable that, and leave the basic firewall protection running. (I've used two other pop-up supressors that do not interfere with the forum.) It might be something else though - I've never seen the Pro version so I can't really assist any further.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ted,

My first guess is you need to look at the cookie control in ZoneAlarm Pro. Most webboards/forums use cookies to maintain your login information. If ZoneAlarm is blocking the cookies, you would be logged out on a refresh (ie - posting). There should be an option to allow persistant cookies for a specific domain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts