Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

my front brake light was not turning on and so I read all the posts where it was mentioned about cleaning or replacing the brake light switch (part # 57460-17C11).

That thing is more than 20$. This is ridiculous.

After taking it out of the bike, I check for continuity with a multimeter. Without pressing on the push button, the switch was open. Pressing half-way it was closed, and pressing all the way open again. Something is wrong for sure.

After some struggle, I popped it open (see pics). While open, it seemed to be functioning correctly, so I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was stuck somehow and working on it with the screwdriver to open it fixed it?

Anyway, I found here http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-discussion/22288-stupid-brake-light-switch.html people talking about the fact that inside it is "microswitch".

Can we try to find a part number to replace the microswitch only in order to keep the entire plastic assembly and just replace the mechanical part?

Mine is working again, but if I had found out a broken spring or anything else, I would have had to replace it completely. Unless I find what is the replacement microswitch...

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yeah! Those things are a Problem, I Don't Use them Any more ,Went out and Purchased Heavy Duty Switches,

The problem with those is CARBON Between the Contacts,The Contacts are the Copper contacts on your 3rd Photo right side. And Adding Leds Or High Wattage to them and More Current will Add more Carbon Build on them, After Cleaning them after a week would Fail Again, Tip Keep the Current Flow STOCK Thru them.

Elliott,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know, thanks.

do you have any reference on how to replace them with the heavy duty ones? you mean inside the plastic assembly, or in place of? any clue on the part number you used?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
good to know, thanks.

do you have any reference on how to replace them with the heavy duty ones? you mean inside the plastic assembly, or in place of? any clue on the part number you used?
No just happened to be looking at a Second Hand Store and Found something Similar,

Elliott,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts