Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The burg was reading about 103 or 104 mph.
My phone was reading 93 mph.
The rpms was 7000. Never went over.
I still had 62 miles to the gallon.

I am so jazzed!!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Mine will do that...downhill with a tailwind, lol. What mods do you have in the CVT? Even with slider weights and new belt I'm at a little over 8K at that speed. Stock would be around 10K+.

·
Registered
451 Posts
thejosiahx - My guess is you didn't hit 100 mph. I'm going to guess your phone was correct, or more correct, and your speedometer is off (optimistic) like all Burgman's are from the factory. I say this because, well this forum is full of speedometer / speedohealer threads. And I have done a lot of work with my speedohealer to make my mph accurate. But now have to do a correction factor to my trip meter reading in order to see accurate mpg numbers.

I think you will find THIS thread of particular interest. 105 mph / 103 mph info on there.

·
Registered
451 Posts
thejosiahx - I didn't realize this was a 400 thread. I don't know if the 400 has the same optimistic speedometer as the 650...

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
thejosiahx - I didn't realize this was a 400 thread. I don't know if the 400 has the same optimistic speedometer as the 650...
Yes they do but maybe in different percentages.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine will do that...downhill with a tailwind, lol. What mods do you have in the CVT? Even with slider weights and new belt I'm at a little over 8K at that speed. Stock would be around 10K+.
Malossi variator
Dr pulley 20g sliders
kevlar belt
malossi clutch
malosi bell
leo vince exhaust
k an n air filter

thejosiahx - My guess is you didn't hit 100 mph. I'm going to guess your phone was correct, or more correct, and your speedometer is off (optimistic) like all Burgman's are from the factory. I say this because, well this forum is full of speedometer / speedohealer threads. And I have done a lot of work with my speedohealer to make my mph accurate. But now have to do a correction factor to my trip meter reading in order to see accurate mpg numbers.

I think you will find THIS thread of particular interest. 105 mph / 103 mph info on there.
I am very well aware that the burg reading is off. I have tested this with multiple gps aps on my phone, as well as with the speedometers on the side of the road.
My point still stands.

When I first got the bike i could 70mph with 7000rpms. 80mph - 8000rpms. If I was lucky enough to get it to 90 or 100, my rpms was maxed out in the red zone.
I am just excited that these few modifications can make it perform this much better.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes they do but maybe in different percentages.
My 2007 speedometer is every bit 10% optimistic. Completely stock and few miles on the belt it would go a little over triple digits (indicated).

thejosiahx What year is your 400 and did you change the contra spring? The 2010 and up have a different final drive ratio than the 07-09.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I am very well aware that the burg reading is off. I have tested this with multiple gps aps on my phone, as well as with the speedometers on the side of the road.
My point still stands.

When I first got the bike i could 70mph with 7000rpms. 80mph - 8000rpms. If I was lucky enough to get it to 90 or 100, my rpms was maxed out in the red zone.
I am just excited that these few modifications can make it perform this much better.
thejosiahx - I think I got the point fuzzed up in my own brain. I zeroed in on top speed versus considering your whole point. And, I think I would want to go down the same path as you on your 400. Getting the rpm down would certainly feel more relaxing, if nothing else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts