Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have got one, finally, picked it up last Wednesday. It's the first Burgman the Suzuki dealer had sold, he was as excited as I was that it had arrived. Covert, you will be pleased to know that I ran it in the way you recommended, as it turned out it is 45 klm from the dealers to my home and I used a back road so it was completed safely although I still felt a bit guilty about doing it. As soon as I got home I changed the filter and oil and I am now running it in as per the book. I have already done 500 klm on it, economy wise it is returning 4.89 lts per 100 klm which is very good on a new motor.
First impressions are THIS IS GREAT! WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS YEARS AGO. Once I got used to the idea that the feet no longer play a part in riding anymore, except when you actually stop and you have to place at least one on the ground I started to get more confident. Handling is on a par with my Honda VFR 750 and it feels really stable with the low centre of gravity. There are only 3 or 4 650 Burgmans in the whole state of South Australia so not many people have actually seen one so I am getting all sorts of weird looks. Most people reckon it's a BMW something, most of my mates at the pub think I had lost it when I turned up on a scooter but I told them to be patient and let me run it in properly and then we will see how it goes when we go for a ride. Most of them ride an assortment of Harleys, BMW's and Jap bikes so I think the Burgyshould be able to keep up quite nicely.
The first thing that impressed me is the comfort of the seating position, especially with the legs extended in the forward position. The arms are just at the right height and the rear view mirrors are fantastic. On my VFR the main view you get in the mirrors are your arms. Only hassel so far is the screen is too short and my head cops a buffetting in the wind. I see that most owners change to a different screen either a Givi or another one from New Zealand, I think I will have to change also. A couple of days ago it was the hottest Feb day on record, 45 C. so in the evening I went for a ride which was supposed to be a quick blast around the block but it turned out to be a 100 klm cruise just enjoying the evening and night time as the temperature cooled down to about 32C for the night time temperature, it's been years since I have enjoyed a ride so much. Regards from down under, Neil. :D :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Way to go Neil and congrats :!: The only problem I had with my first trip on my Burgy was the discomfort felt from grinning so friggin much. My cheeks were sore for an hour or so :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Way a go...

Hey I felt the same way after picking up my 400. Lots of my bundies are going to have to get used to me showing up on this thing that they consider a "girly bike" Frankly I don't give a hoots _ss! I'm enjoying this thing so much the thought of selling my V11 MotoGuzzi Sport has crossed my mind just to-day. Great story. Timothy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts